A TAXI Success Story

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

A TAXI Success Story

Post by jchitty » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:45 am

This message board IS a TAXI success story. I think TAXI should mention this message board in its brochure as one of its perks. Maybe they have mentioned it before, and I just missed it when I read the brochure. Of course, you don't have to join TAXI to post here. This message board has been very useful for me. In January of 2006, I started writing songs. I had NO idea what to do with my songs, no idea how to market them. At my local bookstore, I found a songwriting magazine with featured a TAXI advertisement. I am living in a rather isolated place when it comes to any type of networking. I do have contact with a musician who's taught me to play guitar and we've demoed a song together, but other than that, there are no people around to help me when I need it. I don't come from a musical family, and my friends don't have any musical background either. It would be very easy for me to get discouraged if I didn't have a way to connect with other songwriters. TAXI provides me with this opportunity to network and to gather useful information by providing this message board. It's a Godsend for folks like me who might give up because we don't live in musician based communities. The musicians and songwriters who inhabit the message board are very helpful. Although there are critical comments about TAXI here, some of which I've made (although I try to be fair), if this whole board is taken in its entire context, it's a very positive place for exchange of ideas, information and support for new songwriters such as myself. Thanks, TAXI.

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: A TAXI Success Story

Post by anne » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:15 am

Here, Here!We just had a song picked up for use on a network daytime soap opera! Although that placement was not through a Taxi listing, we would not have been able to do it without Taxi. The Taxi boards in total, and especially the knowledge we picked up at the Rally, was invaluable in starting this branch of our careers. Like many of the other people on the forums say, Taxi is a piece of the complete way to learn about honing your craft and selling your music, and in our case it has been really central to our recent successes.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:44 am

Quote:Here, Here!We just had a song picked up for use on a network daytime soap opera! Although that placement was not through a Taxi listing, we would not have been able to do it without Taxi. The Taxi boards in total, and especially the knowledge we picked up at the Rally, was invaluable in starting this branch of our careers. Like many of the other people on the forums say, Taxi is a piece of the complete way to learn about honing your craft and selling your music, and in our case it has been really central to our recent successes.Congrats!!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:05 am

Quote:Here, Here!We just had a song picked up for use on a network daytime soap opera! Although that placement was not through a Taxi listing, we would not have been able to do it without Taxi. The Taxi boards in total, and especially the knowledge we picked up at the Rally, was invaluable in starting this branch of our careers. Like many of the other people on the forums say, Taxi is a piece of the complete way to learn about honing your craft and selling your music, and in our case it has been really central to our recent successes.Congrats, Anne. That's fantastic!

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by anne » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:23 am

Thanks, everyone! It will be interesting to see what they are using in 1:30 minutes segment out of a 3:20 minute long song.