Writing for Oprah!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Writing for Oprah!

Post by gitarrero » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:54 am

Quote:Maybe I am blind but I do not see sq=3 in that address. I do not even see a space.the "sq=3" ist just on the next line.you need to copy/past the link AND teh sq=3 (put it on the end of the link) in your browser, and it should work fine.
production, composition & stringed instruments

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:25 pm

Hi, Andreh. First of all, congratulations....that is incredible. These are the kind of posts I like to read. As a newbie, I like to see that anything can be possible through TAXI.

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:33 pm

Thanks again, everyone!I should add that the listing party's decision to bring me on was influenced by Matto's kind recommendation, for which I'm truly grateful...especially since I know he wouldn't have recommended anyone he didn't think would be a great fit. The music examples on my website likely played a role in the listing party's decision as well.Also, I'd like to emphasize that the tracks I submitted are probably not a great representation of what this listing party was seeking (despite Taxi forwarding them), so please do as much homework as possible before writing or submitting for similar listings in the future. Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

roughly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roughly » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:33 pm

Congrats Andre on the gig! That's fabulous. Thanks for sharing your songs, it's always good to hear what succeeds so we can strive for it. I was surprised at how short the songs were and it's reassuring knowing that you don't have to have huge masterpieces to have success. Great music btw, hope Oprah treats you well!-Theresa

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:50 pm

Thanks, Zirc, that worked just fine.

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:53 pm

Andreh,All three pieces I listened to were only about a minute long. I assume they are longer in their entirety. True? Very good stuff though. The third one was my favorite. Now I cannot even remember its name. Ah, Lonliness Follows? Very nice.

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:01 pm

Regarding the tracks' lengths, since the listing clearly stated that submissions were for demo purposes only it seemed okay for them to be shorter than usual (which is good, since they were short pieces to start with) - not to mention the Oprah show usually needs mostly short pieces. I'm flattered that anyone would consider these pieces worthy of "striving for," but remember that every listing calls for something different, and the best examples should be derived from the listings themselves. I've submitted these very same pieces to other listings and not been forwarded, or not been contacted by the listing party even when I was forwarded...so who really knows? Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:35 pm

[quote author=andreh board=success thread=1169892193 post=1170043273]Regarding the tracks' lengths, since the listing clearly stated that submissions were for demo purposes only it seemed okay for them to be shorter than usual (which is good, since they were short pieces to start with) - not to mention the Oprah show usually needs mostly short pieces. I'm flattered that anyone would consider these pieces worthy of "striving for," but remember that every listing calls for something different, and the best examples should be derived from the listings themselves. I've submitted these very same pieces to other listings and not been forwarded, or not been contacted by the listing party even when I was forwarded...so who really knows? Andre[/quot
All's Well That Ends Well

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:37 pm

Congrats Andre!!!Couldn't have happened to a nicer man. Mick.
All's Well That Ends Well

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

grandmatarkin
Impressive
Impressive

Post by grandmatarkin » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:14 pm

I'm going to write a new track dedicated to you ... Jealousy Follows Congrats... !