Writing for Oprah!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Writing for Oprah!

Post by andreh » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:06 pm

Quote:I'm going to write a new track dedicated to you ... Jealousy Follows Congrats... ! How about "Say Goodbye to Shadenfreude?" You'll get your day(s) in the sun, as will anyone who perserveres. Believe me, I've had my share of Jason Blume days....now THAT guy is an inspiration. Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:03 am

Andre, Since you mentioned it I will jump in here too. I was keeping a low profile and then got crazy busy finishing up the tracks to send in.Yes, thanks to the kind help of a couple of our great friends here I am also writing for Harpo. So far I've written 12 pieces and have finished and sent them in. Now waiting for the next assignment.Although I didn't get the gig directly as a result of a TAXI listing, it was via networking at the road rally that this all came about. I guess my demo helped a bit too!I'll hopefully be re-posting the Harpo music soon, I need to find out what the copyright ramifications are first.Thanks again to the great support of my fellow composers, you know who you are!!John
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

toncart
Impressive
Impressive

Post by toncart » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:22 am

Awesome job man! Good luck with your gig!!!!!!Tony

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:49 am

Hey, Congrats Andre! Just came across this thread...didn't read the board much the last couple months.You do great stuff and are quite deserving...==doug

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:54 am

Thanks Tony & Doug! Appreciate the kind words.Doug, I've been wondering where you were. How's your "cause"?Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:55 pm

Andre,I got real busy over the holidays and just couldn't find enough time to write, work, and spend time with the family. The "cause" is still in the works, and I've been spending time lately doing other more hands on charitable work.--doug