Submit Song

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

longrider
Active
Active

Submit Song

Post by longrider » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:39 am

Well, I just join Taxi for 2 years and sent in my first song. Not really sure what to expect. I hope if they do not like it that Taxi will help me understand what it is that I can do to make my songs better. Anyway. wish me luck and if anyone has any advice, please just shout out.God bless

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Submit Song

Post by gitarrero » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:16 am

Quote:I hope if they do not like it that Taxi will help me understand what it is that I can do to make my songs better. that will be the case if you've submitted to a "critique"-listing.I found the ciritiques very helpful. For one song that I've re-done after a critique I just signed a deal - so it's worth it to be a little (..not too much..;)) self critique;)cheers,Martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Submit Song

Post by davewalton » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:21 am

Quote:Well, I just join Taxi for 2 years and sent in my first song. Not really sure what to expect. I hope if they do not like it that Taxi will help me understand what it is that I can do to make my songs better. Anyway. wish me luck and if anyone has any advice, please just shout out.God bless Hi Tim,Well, it sounds like you have a good handle on the right attitude. I joined Taxi three years ago to get a handle on where my music stood compared to where it needed to be in order to have a chance to compete in the "industry". Personally, I found 99% of the critiques to be extremely helpful and because of that, my music has evolved into something more modern and marketable.I think if I were to give only one piece of advice, I would say to REALLY pay attention to what the listing is saying as well as what it might be implying. These listings aren't legal documents. The criteria for the listing comes from the listing client (mostly non-musicians) and so you sometimes have to read between the lines or give more importance to one part of the listing as opposed to another.An example semi-recently is a listing that was asking for "new age" music but also mentioned that this music was going to be used for reality shows like America's Top Model. Well if you listen to the music they use on that show, it's not "new age", it's just what the listing guy or gal thought of to describe that kind of music. It's actually kind of hard to describe, kind of a cross-genre style. Anyway, the important thing in that listing was the reference to the television shows they used as examples. People that probably did well on that listing listened to the music they heard on those shows mentioned and did music similar to that. You wouldn't have done well if you just sent in "new age" music and didn't listen to any of the music on those shows. Each song is critiqued (forward/return as well) in the light of what the listing is asking for. When in doubt, post a question here on the forum or call Taxi directly to ask for clarification.Have fun and good luck! Dave