wish I could make it!

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hazineju
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: wish I could make it!

Post by hazineju » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:49 pm

Hey Sedge and other budget travelers, just thought i would share some food for thought about the hotels.

last year was the first year of the 6 rallies i've been to where i splurged and stayed in the rally hotel. there is a budget motel across the street from the rally (a 10 minute walk from the rally hotel) which at the present moment is $41 cheaper per night. it's been even cheaper before so i will check the rates again in another couple weeks to see if it's gone down more.

i can honestly say that aside from a substantially nicer room, the rally hotel is a MUCH better option because you can maximize your time interacting with members and mentors - and you can sleep longer! :D but if you really are watching your pennies, you can save $168 for 4 nights across the street. i'm undecided about which hotel i'll be staying at this year, but if you need the info for the cheaper option, pm me. hope you can make it!

sedge
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: wish I could make it!

Post by sedge » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:44 am

Thanks Juliet! That Rally hotel looks the one, especially the sleeping in later, can't see 2000 musicians all getting cocoa and bed early