11 forwards in 9 months

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

thedivys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

11 forwards in 9 months

Post by thedivys » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:03 am

We've had 11 submissions passed along by Taxi in the 9 months that we've been members.So far, we've only had 1 of the companies contact us and this company is from London.The contract was insane but after consulting an attorney, we've decided to sign with them.We've had a couple submissions passed along to the same companies, one a film company and the other a television program.Sounds like we are doing something right. At least with the Taxi reviewer's opinions.We just h ope a few of these 11 submissions that Taxi forwarded result in something to be proud of.

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 11 forwards in 9 months

Post by edteja » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:05 am

Congratulations on that track record. Clearly you are building your career. Always good. They can't give you a contract for what they don't hear, and you are getting heard. Keep up the good work.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:37 am

Quote:We've had 11 submissions passed along by Taxi in the 9 months that we've been members.So far, we've only had 1 of the companies contact us and this company is from London.The contract was insane but after consulting an attorney, we've decided to sign with them.We've had a couple submissions passed along to the same companies, one a film company and the other a television program.Sounds like we are doing something right. At least with the Taxi reviewer's opinions.We just h ope a few of these 11 submissions that Taxi forwarded result in something to be proud of. ...well...they resulted in a deal already...you mean that's nothing to be proud of?? Congratulations to you!

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:24 am

Quote:;D...well...they resulted in a deal already...you mean that's nothing to be proud of?? Congratulations to you!Yes, I agree with Matto and you don't know yet what that particular deal will bring. I like to see these things not so much for what they are immediately, but as stepping stones to the next level, whatever that level might be. If you're not going backwards or standing still, it must mean you're moving forward. Dave

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:33 pm

Congrats on your success so far...sounds like your on the right path. Getting forwards is plenty to be proud of (you made the cut 11 times), but there's nothing like a deal

thedivys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by thedivys » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:22 am

Yes. i'm truly proud of our 11 forwards.I'm working my butt off on getting us out there.Nothing will stop me but death! www.TheDivys.com