Got a deal...

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

blacker

Got a deal...

Post by blacker » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:17 am

I'm just coming up to the last month of my first year with Taxi, and I have to confess I wasn't planning on renewing. This morning I got an email response to a Dispatch listing from a company in New York who want to license the track I sent them for a commercial CD compilation release and for tv/film placement. So, this is cool.... ;-)Perhaps I'll renew my membership after all. Heh.

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Got a deal...

Post by edteja » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:39 am

Good news, Blacker. I am glad the timing on this one discouraged your discouragement. Did you get many forwards during that year?
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

blacker

Post by blacker » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:45 am

Quote:Good news, Blacker. I am glad the timing on this one discouraged your discouragement. Did you get many forwards during that year?I think over the course of the year I submitted about 10 times and got 7 forwards. I would submit more, but for my style of music (instrumental electronic) the listings are a bit infrequent - that was one of the things making me debate whether to renew. This one was submitted quite a while ago, so I'd sort of forgotten about it, to be honest. Anyway - I guess I'll sign up for another year now that I've had a taste of success. Remains to be seen whether I'll actually make any money off it though...

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:20 am

Money? I've heard of that. Vague rumors, but the word does crop up.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

trace

Post by trace » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:12 am

congratulations! Given the stories on this forum, it is still possible that one of those other tracks will resurface as well.Good Luck.