Somebody wants me....!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

53mph
Impressive
Impressive

Somebody wants me....!

Post by 53mph » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:20 pm

Finally, after over a year with Taxi and lots of blood, sweat and tears I got an email from one of the companies that I was forwarded to saying they want to include my music in their library.I'm really pleased because the music they want is a bit like Delta Blues, which I really enjoy playing, and they would like more music in this style.This morning I am happy as Larry!

53mph
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Somebody wants me....!

Post by 53mph » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:44 pm

It's an English proverb and being an English teacher I can explain it's origin...... :DLarry is thought to be an old English dialect word meaning 'a state of excitement'. Other linguists think that Larry refers to a renowned boxer called Larry Foley who I guess was a very happy man.In America they use Happy/jolly as a sandboy. A sandboy was a young lad who hawked sand around the streets who I guess was rather chirpy.Ok...are you asleep yet class!

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:01 am

Congrats to you and Larry.A blues guy, eh? Well just so you remember that sitting in a hotel room and recording all your songs for $50 is out of date even if the music isn't.Of course Son House said all he ever got from recording was a coke from Lomax.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:38 am

Quote:Finally, after over a year with Taxi and lots of blood, sweat and tears I got an email from one of the companies that I was forwarded to saying they want to include my music in their library.I'm really pleased because the music they want is a bit like Delta Blues, which I really enjoy playing, and they would like more music in this style.This morning I am happy as Larry! Congrats! A music library placement is very cool. Aside from the placement opportunities, getting additional music to them and in their library will be much easier. Always great to wake up to good news! Dave

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:16 am

Congrats! Very cool it's in a style you enjoy doing and they want more...best of luck!

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:14 am

Congratulations to you 53, this is excellent! It's great to see some of our regulars getting some "Taxi action"!

53mph
Impressive
Impressive

Post by 53mph » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:37 am

Thank-you all for your warm wishes. I'm sure I'll be asking everyone questions about the contracts when they come through As Mr Young said, "My life is changing in so many ways..." except in my case it's all positive at the mo!Last week I signed the contracts and am now the proud owner of my first apartment.This weekend I'm getting married to my partner of 6 years.And this morning a placement.I'd like to see any of my coming weeks top this one. :):)

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:38 am

Quote:I'm sure I'll be asking everyone questions about the contracts when they come through Of course you have to be reasonably cautious. But, having said that, be an easy guy for them to do business with, a guy that they'll look forward to doing business with in the future. I try to look at each deal, not in terms of the deal itself but as a stepping stone to the next deal. Stuff you probably already know. Good luck,Dave

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:45 pm

Hey 53Congrats!! All the best for getting some stuff placed!! Casey

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:01 pm

Great news. I'm sure you earned it (by now I'm sure you've done some miles on the music highway). Congratulations on your wedding and home, too. Sounds like an avalanche of goodness.Nomi(PS: I thought Larry was a movie reference, like Curly and Moe. But I've learned quite a bit on this thread. Happy as a sick eel on a sandpit? Truly weird.)