20 songs!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johnny

20 songs!

Post by johnny » Tue Sep 14, 2004 6:16 am

It's a good week. I'm sitting here with two contracts. One is a copublishing deal for14 of my rock songs. The other is with a different publisher for 6 jazz tracks. Bothare through TAXI with people whom I would not have met in my normal circles.

rocker001

Re: 20 songs!

Post by rocker001 » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:04 am

Cool

oneeyewillie
Impressive
Impressive

Post by oneeyewillie » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:48 am

Congrats Johnny!!!Happy fer ye...

glitch

Post by glitch » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:22 am

How long after the forwards did it take for u to receive those contracts? Just asking since I'm a new taxi member

bobc
Active
Active

Post by bobc » Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:18 pm

Congrats Bob

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:55 am

Hey Johnny,Congratulations, that's a good week indeed! All those years living on top of a bar are definitely paying off, eh? matto

johnny

Post by johnny » Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:44 pm

Quote:How long after the for wards did it take for u to receive those contracts? Just asking since I'm a new taxi memberLike 7 months? He's signed and used more since then. So has the jazz guy. Sometimes, especially with dispatch, it's a couple of days. I got a music library thing last week that's like 10 months old. I have a bunch of places now that I can submit to at will. Several are companies I got fowarded to that I did not hear from right away. I also live in NYC, so opportunity is available everywhere from the subway to the various studios and clubs you work in. I'm co producing all and writing some in this movie www.fracturedfilm.com the trailer is under media . The director licensed the music in the trailer but the rest is pure Louisiana with a little Brooklyn. Really rocks. I'm in 2 bands, one signed and the other independent with a fewlicensing deals in various areas like The Netherlands and Texas.(semi joke)In the next 6 months, I'm spending a month with 25 shows in Europe with 2 different bands on different levels. That would be 2 months. Then there's the American gigs with both. While I'm adept at recording, I'd rather be live to people.I'm out. Doug gave me free accounts and I now have 3 bills.No.I have plenty of access now for both art and work.I am not the target audience. I get critiques live now duetoo who's around me lately.peace,JYPS: Matt, what living on top of a bar means is that I can play,sing, record, or rehearse a band at will and nobody complains - ever Whoever hears it sometimes tell us what they like or that their kids stand in the closest room next door and dance to the what we're doing.. Plus the bartenders act as sort of a concierge. Way cool place to live.

jordan

Post by jordan » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:05 pm

nice!!!!