One of my songs got picked up

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gavink
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

One of my songs got picked up

Post by gavink » Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:34 am

by an extreem sports film company. It's my first publishing deal. The video is coming out in a few weeks and is called: "Wake Surf". and the song is "Airtime".I was approached by a producer while hanging around a wakeboarding forum.Still waiting for my first forward from Taxi.

melvis

Re: One of my songs got picked up

Post by melvis » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:42 am

Congrats Gavin on your first publishing deal.Don't feel bad about not getting a forward from TAXI...You're not the only one. I have over 80 submissions without one...It sure does feel good though when you get that first deal (On your own) doesn't it?MELVIS

gavink
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by gavink » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:37 pm

Quote:Congrats Gavin on your first publishing deal.Don't feel bad about not getting a forward from TAXI...You're not the only one. I have over 80 submissions without one...It sure does feel good though when you get that first deal (On your own) doesn't it?MELVISThanks. Yes it feels great. Yeah I guess I'll keep on submitting through Taxi a little longer. Just received 2 more returns and bad reviews. I think though I'm going to have more success going straight to the producers as I have lots of good contacts now after doing so much surfing and promoting online. Without the Internet it would have been impossible unless I lived in LA.

melvis

Post by melvis » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:59 pm

Gavin, Yes the internet is a great resource for songwriters now. All you have to do is a simple search and you can find just about anything you want and need. I've got all my publishing deals from contacting publishers/producers on my own. I've had several bad reviews from TAXI but also a lot of good reviews...but no forwards. But they have me for a couple more months...Later, MELVIS

ktb1025

Post by ktb1025 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:51 pm

Hey Melvis,After 20 something submissions & 4 forwards, we're still waiting to get picked up. Good luck with your career! Yes, it seems that if you want your ship to come in, you must be prepared to row out and meet it.I still feel TAXI is worth the time, effort , and money... Even though we're still hanging, we're getting closer all the time!Kevin

bobc
Active
Active

Post by bobc » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:58 pm

Congrats Bob

gavink
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by gavink » Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:55 pm

Thanks. Yeah they also have me for another couple months then I'll be in Manchester (UK). I want to be part of the music scene that's happening there.After 8 submissions I finally have 1 forward. Still waiting to find out about one of the submissions.Those are my last anyway. I'm off to the Manchester music scene (maybe I'll join a band or something). I also have that extreem sports film company who want more music from me.

dmcdonaldjr

Post by dmcdonaldjr » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:14 am

Way to go!

wrath

Post by wrath » Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:20 am

well done
Support our new single - Sex Drugs and Rock+Roll!