New subsection

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

lindpop
Impressive
Impressive

New subsection

Post by lindpop » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:28 pm

What about having a section where we can put those songs that didn't get forward?I think it would be good, at least for me to hear different songs that didn't pass the screener, not just my own. I'm not talking about a new complaining section. Just a place were we could upload the songs, listen and help each other to understand the listings. A new section for an educational purpose./Stephan
http://www.lindpop.com
Listen to the path that belongs to your heart.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: New subsection

Post by hummingbird » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:15 am

Hi - you can post your returns in Peer to Peer for assistance in figuring out why the track wasn't forwarded. It helps to post the listing, a link, and, if it's a song, the lyrics, and all of the critique (if any) from TAXI.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

lindpop
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lindpop » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:27 am

Yes, but my idéa is not just about my returns and it's not about what to change. Just a simple thread with the different returns maybe without comments. Just so we can listen to each others tracks. I guess there are a few of us who get returns and it would be nice to be able to listen to the different returns under one thread. To help each other to interpret the listings. Sometimes I scratch my head.

hammersmith

Post by hammersmith » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:46 pm

I think it would be a lot more helpful and productive to listen to forwards. I wish TAXI would make public all forwarded tracks.

lindpop
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lindpop » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:42 pm

That's a very good idea. The only bad thing I guess, is that it means a whole lot of work for the staff.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:08 pm

Nov 30, 2009, 8:46pm, hammersmith wrote:I think it would be a lot more helpful and productive to listen to forwards. I wish TAXI would make public all forwarded tracks.TAXI simply can't do that. A writer's work belongs to them. It's up to me, and every other composer and songwriter, whether we wish to share our work with other people. That's why we begged TAXI to set up the "Forward" section of this forum, so that those of us willing to share, could. And we do.

hammersmith

Post by hammersmith » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:21 pm

Nov 30, 2009, 9:42pm, lindpop wrote:That's a very good idea. The only bad thing I guess, is that it means a whole lot of work for the staff.It would be very little work. Simply post a message in the forums for each listing with links to the tunes. Done.

hammersmith

Post by hammersmith » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:26 pm

Nov 30, 2009, 11:08pm, hummingbird wrote:Nov 30, 2009, 8:46pm, hammersmith wrote:I think it would be a lot more helpful and productive to listen to forwards. I wish TAXI would make public all forwarded tracks.TAXI simply can't do that. A writer's work belongs to them. It's up to me, and every other composer and songwriter, whether we wish to share our work with other people. That's why we begged TAXI to set up the "Forward" section of this forum, so that those of us willing to share, could. And we do.I appreciate that a writer's work belongs to them, but joining TAXI, submitting to listings, and "putting yourself out there" you are already seeking to be heard by others -- to publicize your work. I can't think of a good reason a writer might not want to be identified as a winner in this game and lots of those "winners" don't participate in these forums, so we'll never hear what they've done.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:22 pm

Dec 1, 2009, 2:26pm, hammersmith wrote:Nov 30, 2009, 11:08pm, hummingbird wrote:TAXI simply can't do that. A writer's work belongs to them. It's up to me, and every other composer and songwriter, whether we wish to share our work with other people. That's why we begged TAXI to set up the "Forward" section of this forum, so that those of us willing to share, could. And we do.I appreciate that a writer's work belongs to them, but joining TAXI, submitting to listings, and "putting yourself out there" you are already seeking to be heard by others -- to publicize your work. I can't think of a good reason a writer might not want to be identified as a winner in this game and lots of those "winners" don't participate in these forums, so we'll never hear what they've done.It doesn't matter if you are a member of TAXI. Your work is yours. It belongs to you. You may make the choice to submit, so that a screener, and A&R reps, or music library/publishers will hear it. However, you do not have the right to expect that other composers and songwriters share their creative property with you, another songwriter/composer. In fact, even though I often share my forwards willingly on this forum (and on my website), if TAXI made that a requirement of membership, I would not be a member. Legally, they cannot though -- because the copyright of any creative property submitted to TAXI does not belong to them. It belongs to the writer.

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:25 pm

Dec 1, 2009, 2:26pm, hammersmith wrote:Nov 30, 2009, 11:08pm, hummingbird wrote:TAXI simply can't do that. A writer's work belongs to them. It's up to me, and every other composer and songwriter, whether we wish to share our work with other people. That's why we begged TAXI to set up the "Forward" section of this forum, so that those of us willing to share, could. And we do.I appreciate that a writer's work belongs to them, but joining TAXI, submitting to listings, and "putting yourself out there" you are already seeking to be heard by others -- to publicize your work. I can't think of a good reason a writer might not want to be identified as a winner in this game and lots of those "winners" don't participate in these forums, so we'll never hear what they've done.You simply cannot demand that others share their work with the public or this forum (which amounts to sharing it with the public), and neither can Taxi. It has to be up to the individual to make that decision.I might decide that I want to share certain pieces only with potential clients (via taxi listings) but not the general public. That's my right...or not?IF I decide to share, or whatever I decide to share, I can do so in the "Forwards" section which is quite busy btw...Seems perfectly sensible to me...