Hello everyone, new taxi member from Croatia aboard :)

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Ivan

Hello everyone, new taxi member from Croatia aboard :)

Post by Ivan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:03 am

Im Ivan from Croatia, its a small country on Adriatic coast near Italy, for those who dont know :)
I just joined taxi few days ago and submitted first song called 'To the top of the hill' an i got one more on my profile 'Full moon' so ti would be nice to hear some opinions from you guys here.

http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.p ... =ivanjuric

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u9oE_62 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBy2Qog7Umk

Thanks

BruceBrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Hello everyone, new taxi member from Croatia aboard :)

Post by BruceBrown » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi Ivan welcome aboard. I clicked on your taxi link to hear your songs and it did not take me to your homepage.
You might want to make sure you have that set up right. Look forward to hearing your music.
Bruce

jonnybutter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jonnybutter » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi Ivan

I also couldn't get to your page, but I'm sure you will get that worked out. Welcome!

NYWest
Impressive
Impressive

Post by NYWest » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Welcome Ivan...

All the Best... 8-)
Billy
"...Fine Line Between Genius and Insane…
Don't Thrive on Fear…Wisdom Wins the Game…"

http://taxi.com/billysavino

theoldman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by theoldman » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:14 pm

Hi Ivan--

Welcome!! Good luck with your music.

JT

rnrmachine
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by rnrmachine » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi Ivan and welcome!!

I too couldn't get to your taxi page, but I checked out your youtube links and you sound like a good musician, mixer, etc... You have what it takes to make some waves .. pun intended hehe...

The first one, Full Moon, sounds like you possibly wrote it for that Hybrid Rock/Orchestral listing that recently went through. Hmmm... I hear something weird in the mix, it happened once then again at 2:03-2:05 ... it actually sounds like it could be.... Steven Slate FGX has the low end punch up too high for the mix being pushed through it. This is something that we all need to watch for.. that peak that forces us into a quieter mix... find them and eliminating them is key to having powerful mixes.

I'd try to mix more of each instruments primary "good tone" into the mix. Let the instruments dictate where they end up in the mix by their best quality tone standing out. IF 2 tones are fighting each other then you probably should drop one and fine another that work better together.

The 2nd one, To the Top of the Hill, was nice too. Softer mix, so it sounded better. It struck me as most of the way there, as a mix, but like a tree that wasn't prune/trimmed 100% properly. The mix has it's moments where it sounds not as professional as the previous moment or the following moment. Hard to explain any better than that.

Good Luck in all you do!!!

Rob
http://www.taxi.com/johnsteskal
Sonar X1 PE Expanded on a Windows 7 64bit system.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Thermaltake PSU 500watts can run 5 SATA
Asus P5QL PRO Mboard with 4GB of Ram
Radeon X1650 512MB Ram
WD Blue HDrives. OS, Sample, Audio.

ottlukk
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ottlukk » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Listened to "Full Moon", thought it wonderful. Has a real nice feel to it! Welcome! Ott

Ivan

Post by Ivan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:23 am

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

maybe this link will work now :D
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?userid=45513

Ivan

Post by Ivan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:54 am

rnrmachine wrote:Hi Ivan and welcome!!

I too couldn't get to your taxi page, but I checked out your youtube links and you sound like a good musician, mixer, etc... You have what it takes to make some waves .. pun intended hehe...

The first one, Full Moon, sounds like you possibly wrote it for that Hybrid Rock/Orchestral listing that recently went through. Hmmm... I hear something weird in the mix, it happened once then again at 2:03-2:05 ... it actually sounds like it could be.... Steven Slate FGX has the low end punch up too high for the mix being pushed through it. This is something that we all need to watch for.. that peak that forces us into a quieter mix... find them and eliminating them is key to having powerful mixes.

I'd try to mix more of each instruments primary "good tone" into the mix. Let the instruments dictate where they end up in the mix by their best quality tone standing out. IF 2 tones are fighting each other then you probably should drop one and fine another that work better together.

The 2nd one, To the Top of the Hill, was nice too. Softer mix, so it sounded better. It struck me as most of the way there, as a mix, but like a tree that wasn't prune/trimmed 100% properly. The mix has it's moments where it sounds not as professional as the previous moment or the following moment. Hard to explain any better than that.

Good Luck in all you do!!!

Rob
Thanks Rob, this is very detailed critique from you and its really helpful:)
i agree with all that you said. on my taxi profile i have a different mix of 'full moon' than it is on youtube and i think its better. the other one is the first only orchestra piece i mixed and im still learning to make the sampled orchestra to sound the most realistic it is possible.
im really happy to be the member of taxi family, im sure this experience will help me a lot to impoove all my musical skills and i hope make some placements too :)
i listened to your music and i like it, really ass kickin, and great mixes.

Good Luck!!!

Ivan

Post by Ivan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:08 am

How often do you make songs after you see some listing and then you decide to make a song for that particular listing?

I've done that yesterday and it is not the music i usually do, it is hard for me to force yourself to do a song in short period, but payment for this listing is really great, that is the reason that make me do the song i probably wouldn't ever done :D