Songs Don't Fit Any Catagory Ha Ha!!!

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

rpezzo51

Re: Songs Don't Fit Any Catagory Ha Ha!!!

Post by rpezzo51 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks Mike!

You and I come from the same cut of salt and we both know what songwriting is all about, especially when you handled people like the great Clapton. You already know if I can write or not and although songs like "Made of Stone" are somewhat simplistic, it's unusual and comes from 60's and 70's style music. I'm sorry I had rouse you out of your corporate cage, but I had to muttle the waters a little bit to get your attention. I'm just an old hippie and probably like yourself, I don't like the direction the industry has taken in the last 30 years. I especialy liked Nashville when you could walk down Music Row and talk to some very down to earth people. That's probably not possible anymore, cause that was back 80's when I was a young picker from Arizona. At one point the country music field was basically dying, until Waylon and Willie revived it with the Outlaw movement.... Remarkably, Nashville finally realized the potential in young artists like Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift, who have topped the charts in record sales. Although, Taylor's music isn't really Country, it gave Nashville the kick in the pants it needed for years. Unfortunately, some of the younger generation in this forum don't get where I'm coming from, but I think you do. If you or any of your music connections think I have songwriting potential, as I've stated on my homepage, I can guarantee two songs a week that are not alike in style or structure. I'm very particular about my music and although I can write them within 15 miunutes, I'll work on them for weeks. I admit I need to make some changes in a few of the lyrics of my songs. One imparticular, is one of the lines in, "I Aint Your Lovin Man", which I feel needs to be changed cause it's been done too many times before. Other than that, I applogize for the bad rap, but I do advocate you revealing your clients names on the listings.

Music Heals The World!
Bob

jazzstan
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jazzstan » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:19 pm

Bob,
Kudos to you for your fair, mature and reasonable response to this.
I hope there's a good story/song to come out of it!

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:07 pm

jazzstan wrote:Bob,
Kudos to you for your fair, mature and reasonable response to this.
I hope there's a good story/song to come out of it!
Agreed! Write from the heart Robert. 8-)

rpezzo51

Post by rpezzo51 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:07 pm

Thanks guys!

I appreciate your favorable opinion of me Jazzstan and Davewalton. Your music is probably far greater than my material. Michael11 and Len911 I don't know what happenerd to my other songs cause there all still on my homepage. However, I appreciate your comments regarding the tunes you could hear. My song "I Aint Like I Used To Be", is about a drug runner who's changed his life after being released from prision and it's part of several tunes I've written for my movie idea "Border Runners," about Bisbee Arizona, in the late 50's early 60's..... Base on true events.........

You Fellers Are Right On In My BooK!!!!!!
Gracious Amigos!
Arizona Bob