Country Song forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Country Song forward

Post by VanderBoegh » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:25 pm

Got my song "Kind of Everything" through this listing:

CONTEMPORARY COUNTRY SONGS in the style of Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, Sugarland, etc., needed by the Owner of a Worldwide Indie Music Publishing company for use in a variety of Film/TV placements. Songs MUST have a CURRENT and MODERN sound similar to the referenced artists - he's NOT looking for Traditional Country styles. A slight Pop flavor to your melodies is OK, so long as you stay true to a Country sound. He's open to all lyric themes.

I was actually hoping for success in the artist pitch category (I thought someone like Miranda Cosgrove or other likewise young pop/crossover girl) would be perfect for this song. In fact, I've still got a submission pending for one of those types of listings, but I suppose I won't say no if I'm offered a publisher deal first. My motto is, "Better to make some money than no money!"

http://soundcloud.com/vanderboegh/kind-of-everything

CHuckmott
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Country Song forward

Post by CHuckmott » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:48 pm

Congrats! Great all the way around!

3dproberts

Post by 3dproberts » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:03 am

VB, I submitted to the same listing but they didn't pick up my tween tune, they accepted two male vocal songs. I like your writing style. Who is the female vocalist, she,s great. Patrick

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Thanks Patrick! Let's hope one of us (or better yet, BOTH of us) get calls from the publisher. Thanks for the compliment on my singer, she's actually a girl from here in Boise Idaho where I live, who does country girl vocals for me when I need them. Always great to have killer musicians up your sleeve when the need arises!

~~Matt