What's the best thing you learned at the Rally this year?

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

RonKujawa
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: What's the best thing you learned at the Rally this year?

Post by RonKujawa » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:39 am

I've been daily implementing these two things I learned at the rally...

1. Tim Myers talked about expressing your gratitude toward people in your circle. Every morning I've been sending someone a note to thank them for something specific. For example, I sent an email to the cello player that did a part on a recent song that absolutely changed the way it sounds. It's been amazing how doing this simple thing has affected my own mood in such a positive way.

2. Along similar lines was what Dean Krippaehne said about serving others during the panel on the 5-year plan. Each day I am finding a friend or someone I have worked with and I help promote something for them with absolutely no expectation of anything in return. For example, I shared a friend's event link on Facebook for his solo acoustic gig last night. Again, this has been really uplifting for me, and I believe for them as well.

Ron

CrimsnSyrn
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by CrimsnSyrn » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:21 pm

RonKujawa wrote:I've been daily implementing these two things I learned at the rally...

1. Tim Myers talked about expressing your gratitude toward people in your circle. Every morning I've been sending someone a note to thank them for something specific. For example, I sent an email to the cello player that did a part on a recent song that absolutely changed the way it sounds. It's been amazing how doing this simple thing has affected my own mood in such a positive way.

2. Along similar lines was what Dean Krippaehne said about serving others during the panel on the 5-year plan. Each day I am finding a friend or someone I have worked with and I help promote something for them with absolutely no expectation of anything in return. For example, I shared a friend's event link on Facebook for his solo acoustic gig last night. Again, this has been really uplifting for me, and I believe for them as well.

Ron
Thanks for sharing this, Ron. :D Yes, I think this can be more powerful than we know - ironically enough, I think putting out something for someone else with no expectation of something in return sets up the Law of Attraction for the same to happen to us!!!

Sorry I didn't get to meet you at the Rally!

Juliet
Juliet

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by deantaylor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:37 pm

RonKujawa wrote:I've been daily implementing these two things I learned at the rally...

Ron
Yeah, I like those ideas!