The journey or the destination?

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: The journey or the destination?

Post by hookstownbrown » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:01 pm

I agree with matto for the most part...It;s the jouney. It's also the destination. It's a combination of a goal that has to resolve.After that, it's a return to the dream and back again... We are hopelessly human...Over the years, we learn that our goals are such a difficult stretch...It's a back and forth, a high tide and ebb. But it's mainly how you perceive those tides. One person's tear is another one's cradle.There might be a song in there somewhere...

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:00 pm

Apr 15, 2008, 3:54pm, milfus wrote:(except in a strange turn of events, I rather dislike jazz)Well. I like you, anyway. Good thoughts there!

buildingcastles

Post by buildingcastles » Tue May 27, 2008 2:33 am

Apr 11, 2008, 9:40pm, squids wrote:I got a gerbil to sing once, even. And he was like mortally cautious. lolrh, I'd pay good money to hear this. The Chipmunks are out; singing gerbils are in.

DesireInspires
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DesireInspires » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:28 pm

hummingbird wrote:Has to be both. There's no other way. Whether we like it or not. We are on a journey, and we are heading somewhere.
Yes. I agree.

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:37 pm

To be honest, destinations scare me. Journeys excite me. I have no clue where I'm going, yet I have no trouble plotting a direction. A funny thing, really.

I often think about skiing. Skiing in your comfort zone doesn't make the best time, you have to push yourself to the edge to be competitive. Maybe that's why journeys feel slightly uncomfortable, at least the good rides..

Getting older doesn't help reaching a destination. Riding too often in a comfort zone. It's about finding the right challenges and try to get down quicker, just like in Taxi :D
Ceo of my own life

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:30 pm

DesireInspires wrote:
hummingbird wrote:Has to be both. There's no other way. Whether we like it or not. We are on a journey, and we are heading somewhere.
Yes. I agree.
I disagree,lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VALLiF18tvM
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

AnthonyCeseri
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by AnthonyCeseri » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:35 pm

jchitty wrote:Oh Lord, I feel kind of silly when I talk on an 'inspirational level.'It just ain't me, but here's what I'm finding. I am LOVING the journey I'm on lately. Every time I write a line I love or create a chord progression that gives me goosebumps, I know that's what it's really about. It's wonderful to be recognized of course, to have a hit song or to win an award, but sometimes we forget how wonderful the journey is, the self fullfillment we get when we created something just for ourselves, not worrying about fowards, etc. I have a friend who cleans houses. She loves her job. You may ask how someone who cleans houses can love her job....not many people like to clean. She once said, "There is nothing like the feeling of cleaning a floor and it being all shiny....you know you did that....you believe you're the best floor shiner out there." Some may laugh at this, but it just goes to show you that attitude is everything....it's about loving what you do independent of any kudos from others. That doesn't mean we shouldn't strive to be better or work toward fowards....I just think we should enjoy the journey. So which is it for you, the journey or the destination....or both?
Great post! -- love this!

And yeah it's def about both because the destination is what fuels the journey... good stuff! :)
Stream my latest singer-songwriter album here: https://ffm.to/anthonyceseri

AnthonyCeseri
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by AnthonyCeseri » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:36 pm

squids wrote:there's a destination?
haha... nice :)
Stream my latest singer-songwriter album here: https://ffm.to/anthonyceseri