old school soul forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

scottyrock
Impressive
Impressive

old school soul forward

Post by scottyrock » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:29 am

got one song forwarded for this listing. who knew that music that's been out of style for 30 years might find a home on tv/filmORIGINAL SOUNDING 60's SOUL/R&B SONGS a la Bobby Womack, Issac Hayes, Bill Withers, Sam Cooke, etc. are needed by an LA-based Music Publisher with tons of Film/TV placements, including a lot of TAXI material signed and placed. Excellent vocal performances with lyrics that are universal are essential. No instrumentals please - only original songs with vocals! Vocal and instrumental performances must be top-notch! They offer a non-exclusive, 50/50 split deal - you keep your original copyrights. Broadcast quality needed (great home recordings are fine). Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than Thursday, August 6, 2009. TAXI #Y090806RBhttp://www.broadjam.com/player/player.php?play ... 448925Show MeI don't want your sweet words of love and affection about how much you careI don't need for you to tell me I'm the only one and that you'll always be there“Cause words alone could never fill my heartFor if true love is a journey I know just where it startsWhen you show me show me how you feelShow me that your love for me is realShow me it's what we've needed all alongShow me to keep our love going strongWe've both seen what happens when lovers give up tryingThey're still together but leading separate livesStrangers to each other who started out the best of friendsToo hurt to carry on too afraid to let it endBut you and I we can learn from their mistakesSo if you don't want the two of us to end up the sameCome on and show me you feel the way I doShow me I've got everything I need loving youShow me how much you miss me when I'm goneShow me you don't know how much it turns me onA tender kiss in the morning before I go to workYou cook my favorite dinner babe and rub my shoulder when it hurtsRun your fingers through my hair with a sweet gentle touchIt's all those little things that mean so muchAnd show me we're going to make it you and IShow me our love will never never dieShow me I'm going to show you too every way I canI'll always be your loving man

fullbirdmusic
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: old school soul forward

Post by fullbirdmusic » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:11 am

scottyrock, this song is AWESOME! Congratulations on the forward! Keep up the great work!
Wes Costello
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full Bird Music - because you care about your productions. http://www.fullbirdmusic.com

markjsmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by markjsmith » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:32 am

Congrats!!!

teleblaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by teleblaster » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:22 am

Wow, really nice. Great vox and overall vibe! Here's hoping for a placement with it!Erich

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by billg » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:50 pm

I really like this, great sound! Congrats, well deserved-

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jay10music » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Good Job Scott...U put this track right in the right time zone..Sounds authentic..Sounds good..Great Vocal...CONGRATZjAY

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:34 pm

Congrats!!

k o star
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by k o star » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:57 pm

Wow!! What a Beautiful song this is...CONGRATS Scottyrock!!-Kel
Keltrasonics Kellosphere & KO Quantum Leap =D

©2012, K. O. STAR (Kelvin) APRA- All Songs & Artwork Registered & Protected.
http://www.kostar8.com

scottyrock
Impressive
Impressive

Post by scottyrock » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:29 pm

thanks guys for the listen.seems there are others out there besides me who like "vintage music"LOLscott

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:00 am

Hey Scotty!Congrats on the forward! I can really appreciate this, as I grew up hearing this kinda' stuff on the radio. Very Nice! Luv the BG vocs! Beautiful harmonies. Lead voc is in there BIG TIME! Everything is beautifully done! No way this wasn't gettin' forwarded! Excellent job! Hope ya' get the call/email.ibanez468