MasterWriter software

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

CabDriver
Active
Active

Re: MasterWriter software

Post by CabDriver » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:22 pm

I would recommend to take a look at MasterWriter's competition before parting with $170. Rhyme Genie is now at version 5 and comes bundled with TuneSmith 2 at a mere $25. The combo allows you to create lyrics sheets with chord charts, maintain songwriter splits, manage unlimited lyrics revisions with rhyme clipboards, record audio, track song submissions with a pitch journal, select 30 different rhyme types, find very close slant rhymes, find family rhymes, look up syllable matching synonyms, etc.

MasterWriter only released one major update in almost 10 years and has no iPad version while Rhyme Genie can be installed on the iPhone or on the iPad at no additional cost. Maybe this all will change with MasterWriter 3 but there is not only the question of if and when an update will be released but also how much it will cost since Rhyme Genie includes free updates from the get go.

There really is no compelling reason to spend $170 on MasterWriter when the competition offers so much more bang for the buck:
http://www.rhymegenie.com

melodymessiah
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodymessiah » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:50 pm

i tried the free trial version of masterwriter. but i found it to have way more functions than i need. instead i use verseperfect (free) and rhymezone. (in contrary to what casey says, rhymezone actually HAS a near rhyme function. i find both of these to be very helpful, leading me to write lines i probably wound never have come up with otherwise. highly recommended :)

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:15 pm

melodymessiah wrote:i tried the free trial version of masterwriter. but i found it to have way more functions than i need. instead i use verseperfect (free) and rhymezone. (in contrary to what casey says, rhymezone actually HAS a near rhyme function. i find both of these to be very helpful, leading me to write lines i probably wound never have come up with otherwise. highly recommended :)
Hi M
This is an old thread and when I wrote it, rhymezone did not have near rhymes. So glad to see they do now!! Thanks!

:D Casey

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:31 am

Might as well update my post, then 8-)
I've stopped using Master Writer, as I felt the suggestions got a little old after a while.

Basically it's a word processor with a dictionary in it, or to be more precise, that's what I used it for. Not nearly enough to justify it.
Ceo of my own life