The Rules

Layin down the law..

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

admin
Site Admin

The Rules

Post by admin » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:39 am

TAXI Forum Rules, Terms, and Conditions

1. We are not responsible for anything posted on these boards. You post and read at your own risk.

2. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of TAXI or its moderators. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by clicking on the "notify" button located above the post.

3. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

4. You agree, through your use of these boards, that you will not use these boards to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, obscene, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, misleading as to origin, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree that you will not post under more than one screen name. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. YOUR POST WILL ABSOLUTELY BE REMOVED AND YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THESE BOARDS THE FIRST TIME YOU UPLOAD A COPYRIGHTED WORK THAT IS NOT YOUR OWN (to clarify, this does not mean your mother or sister or friend can’t ask you to post an MP3 for feedback from our community, but it does mean that if The Beatles’ songs somehow seem to be uploaded on this site, you and the upload will disappear). Copyrighted material includes songs, written articles, and any other copyrighted forms of expression.

5. We also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you.

6. Please note that advertisements, references to or mentions of other companies that TAXI does not endorse, other entities in a similar or related business, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on these boards and will be removed.

7. If your posted message is either edited or removed, please read the message board rules, rather than contact the administrator or moderators to find out why your post has been edited or removed. Only messages that break the rules will be edited or removed, and the administrator's and moderators' time is better spent listening to music, or picking their noses than debating the legitimacy of posts, edits, removals, or the rules.

8. We reserve the right to add, subtract, or amend these forum rules and general conditions at will.

9. Absolutely NO Political or Religious debates on these forums.

10. Do not post the names or contact information of companies that you have been forwarded to by TAXI.

11. Any dispute, claim or controversy arising out of or relating to use of this forum or the services provided by (or to be provided by) TAXI, or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity of member contract or user agreement, including the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, (“Claims”) must be determined by final and binding arbitration. The arbitration will be administered by JAMS in Los Angeles, California, before one arbitrator, pursuant to the then-current JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures (current version available at: http://www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration/). Judgment on the award may be entered by any court having competent jurisdiction. This agreement to arbitrate does not preclude either party from seeking provisional remedies from a court of competent jurisdiction. BY ENTERING INTO THIS CONTRACT, ARTIST IS WAIVING ANY RIGHT HE OR SHE MAY HAVE TO FILE OR PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION, COLLECTIVE ACTION, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, AND IS WAIVING ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law. If applicable law prohibits binding arbitration as to any Claim(s) (“Non-Arbitrable Claims”), both parties agree that they must submit all Claims to arbitration, the arbitration will be non-binding as to only the Non-Arbitrable Claims, and the arbitration will be binding as to all other Claims. Costs of arbitration will be borne equally between the parties, unless otherwise required by law, provided that the arbitrator may award the prevailing party its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs to the extent provided by applicable law. Notwithstanding this agreement to arbitrate, ARTIST may bring qualifying Claims in small claims court in the City of Los Angeles, California, in lieu of arbitration.

12. Be respectful to other forum members or you will be banned from this helpful and generous community of like-minded folks.

13. Your use of this forum indicates that you have read and agree to the above rules, terms, and conditions.

dynamicalan
Impressive
Impressive

Re: The Rules

Post by dynamicalan » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:03 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if there's more rules then just on this one page. I was trying to figure out if I shouldn't link topics when posting back and forth.

Thanks,

Alan
Dynamic Alan Publishing, BMI

tracieleigh11

Post by tracieleigh11 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:34 pm

Hello,

I am new to Taxi and started a new topic under the Shameless self promotion. I posted it days ago and it is not there? Did i do something wrong?

Thanks.. just trying to figure out how all this works. (:

Tracie Leigh

dynamicalan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dynamicalan » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:12 am

Tracieleigh,

you should notice a view your posts link in the upper right hand corner of the page. Did the post show up there?

Alan
Dynamic Alan Publishing, BMI

jtmulkey
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jtmulkey » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:15 pm

Yes. I am dealing with the same issue. I posted a couple days ago in peer to peer category. Have yet to see my post. So i actually tried to repost which didnt work either. I do know that it has to be reviewed first but this is really inconvienient. Im not sure what the deal is.
When life gives you lemons make rock & roll !!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi all,
If you've posted, and are not seeing it after a reasonable amount of time, feel free to email me at Phil(at)Taxi(dot)com. I'd be glad to investigate why your posts have not shown yet.
Best,
Phil

cp504

Post by cp504 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:15 pm

I just called Taxi to ask why my post didn't show up. I was told that you need to make TWO posts, then they are reviewed and THEN they show up on the boards. It would be very helpful to let the members know this is the case, I see from this thread I'm not the only one who didn't know about this.

TAXIstaff
Impressive
Impressive

Post by TAXIstaff » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi cp504,

We get hundreds of spammers trying to post advertisements onto the forum. Reviewing the first 2 post is just prevention from allowing this to happen.

We apologize for the inconvenience. You shouldn't have anymore issues posting.

Happy Holidays,

Angel Stewart
TAXI Staff

marvin123

Post by marvin123 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:52 pm

Thanks for posting the rules upfront. They were very clear and should help keep everyone out of trouble. I look forward to contributing and learning from the other members here. :)
Marvin Lee, the one and only

cristinlee01

Post by cristinlee01 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:23 am

Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! As I m new to taxi. It is very necessary to know about Driver rights and Driver responsibilities.

Thanks
Cristin :D