New member here

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

wordwoman
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

New member here

Post by wordwoman » Mon May 11, 2009 8:43 am

Hi,My name is Jan and I am primarily a country lyricist....a non-performing/ non-musician type. I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I do write in other genres, but tend to stick pretty close to country.I am looking forward to meeting all of you and reading your lyrics and hopefully you will give some time to mine.Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to being a part of this community of songwriters.

mojobone
King of the World
King of the World

Re: New member here

Post by mojobone » Mon May 11, 2009 8:51 am

Welcome!
The Straight Stuff; Roots, Rock & Soul

http://twangfu.wordpress.com
http://twitter.com/mojo_bone

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Mon May 11, 2009 8:59 am

Your name is Jan, my first name is Janet. You are primarily a country lyricist, and I'm primarily a country lyricist. Are you sure you're not from a parallel universe somewhere? Welcome to the forum, Jan!

wordwoman
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by wordwoman » Mon May 11, 2009 11:10 am

Mojobone,Thanks for the welcome. I actually signed up quite awhile ago, but haven't been able to figure things out until today on how things work around here. It is starting to sink in now I think...HA. Anyhow, thanks so much for responding to my newbie thread. I haven't been a newbie anywhere for a very long time. It is foreign territory which I hope I am able to get around on and meet other writers. Thanks so much..Jan

wordwoman
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by wordwoman » Mon May 11, 2009 11:15 am

Hi Janet,I appreciate the welcome wagon, believe me. Yes, I am also a country writer. I'm from Michigan. I've been writing for alot of years. I love to write....and I love to co-write...I just plain love to write...that's all there is to it.I do write in other things as well, but it's mostly in all of the country genres.I'd enjoying reading your lyrics. I'll be looking for them now.Thanks,Jan

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Mon May 11, 2009 11:32 am

Welcome Jan! ~ Lydia
Lydia L. Ashton

http://www.lydiaashton.com

"To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist." - Robert Schumann

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by deantaylor » Mon May 11, 2009 11:42 am

Welcome Jan. Look forward to reading some of your stuff, hearing the songs. I'm also mainly a lyricist. I look forward to getting your feedback on my lyrics. Keep it honest and straightforward ... if you don't like something or see a problem, point it out, it's cool. We're all friends here and just trying to make our songs better.Dean

wordwoman
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by wordwoman » Mon May 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi Lydia,Thanks for the welcome. It's very nice to meet you.Hope to read your stuff or hear your music.Jan

wordwoman
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by wordwoman » Mon May 11, 2009 12:22 pm

Hi Dean,I plan to jump right in give my two cents for what it's worth. I will start looking at lyrics tomorrow probably and maybe post one of mine soon. It's always nice to meet another lyricist. Thanks very much for the welcome. It is appreciated.Jan

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Mon May 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi JanI am from Michigan as well (way up north yooper)Nice folks hereWelcomePaul