2 Forwards today!! From indie-rock to boy bands

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bamtone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

2 Forwards today!! From indie-rock to boy bands

Post by bamtone » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:07 pm

Been a great day! HA!

Scott Free and I got our song 'Shape Of Love': https://soundcloud.com/bamtone/shape-of-love
Forwarded to a Major Record Label :

CONTEMPORARY BOY BAND-FRIENDLY POP SONGS with Male Vocals are needed by the Director of A&R at a Major Record Label for the incredible artists on their roster. Give him Hit-Worthy songs that will appeal to the screaming fans of acts like One Direction, The Wanted, Big Time Rush, etc. Quoting the source: "Lyrics need to be super fresh and creative, with a new, forward thinking approach. Although the lyrics need to be creative, they still must be commercially relevant." Submit songs with a solid Pop structure, spectacular hooks, and infectious melodies. A huge, hook-driven chorus that will make the young female audience scream their brains out will really help you standout for this pitch. All moods are welcome, as long as they match the poppy, youthful energy of hit songs by the referenced acts. Your overall production needs to be really competitive for this pitch! Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by a TAXI screener handpicked by the Label and must be received no later than Monday, September 15, 2014. TAXI #S140915PO

And my indie-rock instrumental 'Drive By' : https://soundcloud.com/bamtone/drive-by
Forwarded to a Music Supervisor:

BLUES-INSPIRED, CONTEMPORARY ALT ROCK SONGS with Male or Female Vocals and/or INSTRUMENTALS are needed by the Music Supervisor for an Independent Film. He needs to find some great Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs in the general stylistic ballpark of acts like The Black Keys, Hanni El Khatib, Band of Skulls, etc., etc., etc. Please listen to the referenced songs to get an idea of the general sound and vibe he’s after. “Lonely Boy” by The Black Keys “Come Alive” by Hanni El Khatib “Asleep at the Wheel” by Band of Skulls Quoting the source: “This is for a car chase scene, so please only send me songs that are adrenaline-fueled and can get your heart racing. The music should sound like a real band, not digital sounding. Any lyrics that are sexually suggestive or contain profanity are automatically out.” Give him memorable, guitar riff-heavy Alt Rock songs that have just the right amount of Blues inspiration, in a contemporary way. Songs should be well-structured, with the same appeal as the referenced songs. If you do submit a Song with vocals (remember, you CAN submit Instrumentals for this!), be sure your vocal performance is confident, with tons of Alt Rock attitude. Universal lyrics are needed, so please avoid specific names, dates, times, brands, and profanity. Please do NOT copy or rip off the referenced artists in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). The estimated license fee for this use is $100-$200. This is a Direct-to-Music Supervisor placement, so you’ll keep 100% of the sync fee and 100% of any applicable performance royalties. You’ll also keep 100% of your Copyright and Master ownership. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. All Songs will be screened on a Yes/No basis. No full critiques. Please submit 1-3 songs no later than 4pm (PDT) on FRIDAY, September 19, 2014. TAXI #U140919BR

Halswell
Active
Active

Re: 2 Forwards today!! From indie-rock to boy bands

Post by Halswell » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:23 pm

G-YAWS for the win?!

Nice job.
halswellmusic.com
twitter.com/halswell
facebook.com/halleyelwellmusic

Russell Landwehr
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Russell Landwehr » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:30 pm

NICE!

Dude, I swear, "Shape of Love" plays every time I listen to Soundcloud. Awesome tune, but it's starting to remind me of listening to Pop Radio. :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the forwards! Bravo!

Russell
Multi-Genre Composer and Producer of TV and Film music Providing Easy to Use Cues for Every Scene

http://www.sensawehr.com
https://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home. ... l_Landwehr
http://soundcloud.com/russell-landwehr

bamtone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by bamtone » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:58 am

Thanks guys!

You're right Halswell... #GYAWSFTW

lol Russell, dang soundcloud's got it on rotation!

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:29 am

bamtone wrote:Thanks guys!

Sure does. Enjoying it every time I get on there.

Hopefully when sound cloud finishes transitioning to a royalty earning model you will make bank.

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:30 am

bamtone wrote:Thanks guys!

Sure does. Enjoying it every time I get on there.

Hopefully when sound cloud finishes transitioning to a royalty earning model you will make bank.

Piewackit1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Piewackit1 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:44 am

Congrats. Love that first song every time I hear it.

bamtone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by bamtone » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:08 am

andygabrys wrote:[
Well hell! wouldn't that be dandy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Andy & Piewackit1!!

PaulBergren
Impressive
Impressive

Post by PaulBergren » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:15 pm

Nice work. Congrats!

AmandaJane
Impressive
Impressive

Post by AmandaJane » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:40 am

Congrats Briand :) and Scott :)

I adore that first song especially - do you have it for sale on iTunes/cdbaby etc ?

I can hear it in the Top40 over here (UK/Ireland) - it's beautiful 8-)
Sláinte, Amanda

Amanda Jane West - Lyricist | SoundCloud | My Website |