Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jonnybutter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Wonderment and Awe?

Post by jonnybutter » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:24 am

Hey everybody.

I have a kind of general question about the listing below:

WONDER-FILLED ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Top Music Library with placements in Trailers for some awesome Feature Films! They're on the hunt for Mid-to-Up-Tempo, Full Orchestral Instrumentals, reminiscent of themes from new classics like; Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Percy Jackson, etc., etc., etc. We ran this recently as D140916IC, but they're looking for more; so please don't submit the same Instrumentals as last time. Full-bodied Orchestral Instrumentals with soaring strings, light woodwinds that drum up feelings of wonderment are the order of the day for this pitch. Please submit Instrumentals with a really memorable central melodic motif. Some tasty choral vocalizations could be a good fit, but aren't necessary. Overall, your Cues should evoke a strong feeling of awe and wonderment from the first note. Avoid anything that's too busy or distracting, as those probably won't work well with any dialog in the Trailers. All submissions should be at least 2 minutes long. Build interest by adding layers of instrumentation as the piece develops, and bring it home with a nice crescendo that leads to a button/stinger ending.

I am not totally grokking what they mean by 'wonder' and 'awe'.(...)

[edit: well, maybe 'awe']

[edit 2: Never mind. I think I do get it now.]

Gypsygal
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Wonderment and Awe?

Post by Gypsygal » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:10 pm

Hey Johnny - I had looked at this listing as well, my attention went on to the tempo requested - mid to up tempo,
made me kid of wonder (no pun intended) what kind of "awe" - like transformers bashing down buildings kind of awe? or like harry Potter's magic wand kind of awe? There's a few different directions that word "awe" can go. I tend to think of "awe" as big and spacious and jaw dropping, which doesn't necessarily bring up tempo to mind for me. Oh well, I'll figure something out. Good luck to you !

jonnybutter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Wonderment and Awe?

Post by jonnybutter » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi Gypsygal

Yeah, I decided to focus on 'awe' more than 'wonder', but ended up getting busy with other stuff and not submitting anything to this listing.

I've decided not to submit to listings anymore if I'm not pretty sure I understand what the listing party is asking for. If the language is ambiguous or at all vague, or I just don't get it, I pass.

Did you submit to this one?