Looking for a fit

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JimEJangles

Looking for a fit

Post by JimEJangles » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:46 am

I'm a newbie in this world of placements and taxi and have submitted to various listings. None have been forwarded which leaves me wondering if there is a fit for my music. I've watched several episodes of taxi TV which has been encouraging and inspiring and also suggests using this forum. So, here I am. Is it possible for anyone with successful placements to hear some of my material and inform me as to what category I should be in along with some constructive criticism for me to start making good music? I appreciate all feedback in advance.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Looking for a fit

Post by hummingbird » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:36 am

Hi Jim - I suggest using the Peer to Peer section for this. Pick a song that was returned, and post up the listing, the reasons for return (if given), the lyrics (if any) and a link to your song. Some excellent and talented and experienced folks here will then give a listen and try to help you to understand what needs tweaking.

I learned a GREAT deal about lyric writing and composing for the industry on these boards. You're in the right place!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:23 am

Like Vikki said:

Post the listing text and a link to your tune to one of the things you have submitted to in the past.

The listing text of old listings can be found in your history of submitted pieces in your taxi member login.

Sometimes the best way forward is to figure out what went wrong in the past - and every listing is a matter of figuring out which kind of tune is a "good pitch".

As there is lots of great music out there, and lots of broadcast quality mixes and productions - but not every tune is a good pitch.

Post away!
Last edited by andygabrys on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

JimEJangles

Post by JimEJangles » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:24 am

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll do that

sansharbour
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by sansharbour » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi Jim

Welcome to the forums. I am fairly new to them myself. People here are very friendly and if they can help you with a question you have, then they will.

I am desirous of getting not only more forwards but placements as well. Once you learn how to interpret the listings, and provide what is asked for, I think you will have a better chance
Stick around, watch Taxi TV and keep on writing.

Don