so when DO we find out what's on the agenda??

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LesSampou
Impressive
Impressive

so when DO we find out what's on the agenda??

Post by LesSampou » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:38 am

Or, did i just miss the memo?:) Any updates on release of top secret info yet?
Les

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: so when DO we find out what's on the agenda??

Post by Casey H » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:05 am

Hi Les
Sometimes the agenda isn't published until it gets fairly close such as 1-2 weeks before. I know that's tough but it's a daunting task to put together the entire event, confirm what teachers, mentors, etc. can actually be there, etc.

My experience has been the changes from one year to the next aren't dramatic, though of course there will be some (for the better usually!)... Have you looked over last year's info? http://www.taxi.com/taxi-road-rally-2014.html

Looking forward to meeting you! Wear a dot on your badge so other forum members will notice you! http://www.davewaltonmusic.com/PrivateA ... iBadge.jpg

Best
:D Casey

LesSampou
Impressive
Impressive

Post by LesSampou » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:39 pm

Thanks Casey, Will wear dot; any color good:)?

I am familiar with ASCAP conventions and they are way ahead of the game in terms of agendas etc. In fact, you know the agenda before you pay to attend, which IMO is professional. But, no worries, I am looking forward to this and to meeting everyone, would just like to prepare around the convention as we have people to set meetings up with in LA that are not part of Taxi, and it's impossible to do that at this point. L

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:59 pm

Yep,Casey is right as always... if we ask too early, the panelists won't commit. If we ask a month before, they torture me by keeping me waiting for an answer. But I am VERY happy to report that this year's Ballroom panels and panelists are 99% locked in, and we should be publishing it no later than Wednesday of this week.

Meanwhile, I've been at the office ALL weekend long (cue violins) confirming them, and it's going to be REALLY strong this year. Not just in WHO they are, but what we're going to cover. I'm working on a promo RIGHT now, and I'll post what I've got so far. Not final, and THIS IS JUST THE BALLROOM PANELS with no names yet. It's not proofed, it's not even finished, but here you go!

This does NOT include something like 80 or 90 classes on every subject known to man and woman.

This does NOT include the One-to-One Mentors.

The Best Convention for Songwriters, Artists, and Composers Just Got Better…

Much Better!!

Dear Passengers,

Our goal for the TAXI Road Rally is to make it better each year than it was the previous year. This year’s Rally does that in spades, and here’s why!

THREE More Song Listening and Feedback Sessions Have Been Added This Year!
Instead of doing just the A&R/Publishing panel in the main ballroom, we’ve added THREE Song Listening/Feedback Sessions for songwriters and artists in the Concourse Ballroom on the second floor. Sessions will include Pop and Urban, Country and Christian, and Jazz and XXXX. Film and TV Music panels will still be in the Grand Ballroom on the first floor.

We’ll have experts in each of the genres listed above, and your songs will be pulled at random. Songs will be collected in the Concourse Ballroom at the beginning of each session. Member & Guest badges must be shown to submit.

We’ll Have TWO Music Library Listening/Feedback Panels in the Grand Ballroom This Year!
The Music Library Listening/Feedback Panels have been so popular in years past, that we’ve added a second one on Sunday morning. And we’ve added a couple of twists: Members and guests will all be able to drop their music in the boxes this year, as long as you have a valid Road Rally badge, and you’re in the ballroom at the beginning of the panel.

The second twist: The Sunday Music Library Panel is called, Music Library Speed Pitching! We’re going to go as quickly as we can so we can play as many songs and instrumentals as possible, and we’re going to ask panelists to give quick, short comments! More music, more fun, and hopefully, more deals offered!

Our Keynote Will Be EXACTLY What You Told Us You Wanted!
During a recent episode of TAXI TV, we asked the people in the chat room if they’d rather have a celebrity Keynote, or an “educational” keynote. The answer was a resounding, “Educational! We want to learn as much as possible!” Our response to that request is this:
Succeeding in the New Music Industry: Keynote Interview: Brian McNeils, John Rudolph, Jeff Freundlich – As our industry continues to change, we’re all wondering what the future will look like! We’ve gathered three really smart people to tell you what you need to know to get in, stay in, and grow your career in this rapidly changing industry. Choose your path, learn to work smarter, and get the tools you need to succeed from the Sr. V.P. of Music and Soundtracks at Lakeshore Entertainment, the Chairman of Elias Arts, and the Co-Founder of Wild Whirled Music/Fervor Records.

This Keynote could be worth your trip to the Road Rally, all by itself!

Would You Like a Hollywood Music Supervisor to Play Your Music in a Scene From a TV Show?
Great, we’ve added that this year, too! We’re going to run a TAXI Listing prior to the Rally and the Supervisor will play a bunch of music against a scene from a TV show so you can learn what works, what doesn’t, and why!

Want to Know How to Build a Retirement Fund with Your Music — for Real?!
We’ve got a panel on that, too!

How’d You Like to Learn How to Compose a Hollywood Film Trailer Track?
Yep, we’ll be doing that live on stage as well!

Learn the Difference Between Writing Songs for Radio VS Film and TV?
Robin Frederick will show you! And she’s got plenty of new videos for you to watch!

Want Your Music Heard by Music Supervisors?
Got you covered with a panel for that, too!

Want to Learn What Types of Music Are Used for TV Commercials and How to Make It?
We’ll have an incredible expert on stage for that as well, and he’ll be playing example, after example, after example!

Want to Learn How to Find the Collaborators and HOW to Collaborate Long Distance?
We’ve got a panel of TAXI members to tell you how they do it very successfully!

Do Music Library and Publishing Contracts Freak You Out?
They won’t any more! We’ve got a Music Attorney who is going to explain the different types of deals typically offered, and explain how they work! Even better, you can hand her a clause from a contract and she’ll tell you what it means! This is the first panel of its kind at any Road Rally, and you’ll never have to worry about signing something you wish you hadn’t ever again!

Want to Learn What the Most Common Forms and Traits are in Country and Pop Hits in the Last Year?
Ralph Murphy’s got the stats, and will give you the Hit Prescription!

Want to Learn How to Make More Money With Your Music?
Of course you do, and we’ve got a panel for that!

Would You Like to Learn How Mega Hit Songwriters Craft Their Songs and Get Them Cut?
We’ve got a half-dozen of them who will tell you how they do it!

Would You Like to Become Inspired by a TAXI Member Who’s Had Her Songs Played 300,000 Times on TV?
Come and hear her incredible story!!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:24 pm

LesSampou wrote:Thanks Casey, Will wear dot; any color good:)?
Any color dot will do! Look for most of hanging out at the bar or in the "dot lounge", the couch area right near the bar.

:D Casey

LesSampou
Impressive
Impressive

Post by LesSampou » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:08 pm

all good feedback Admin! , and thanks too Casey....will search out the couch dots!