Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Song Arrangement Technique Question

Post by Casey H » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:19 am

I'll be at the RR, Stephen! Hope to see you there! :D

One thing to help answer this question is to simply listen to some recent charting songs in genres such as rock, pop, country, etc. (or whatever YOUR genre is) and listen carefully to the productions.

I write mainly in VCVCBC(C) (The repeat C optional) format and the technique I still love is to build, build, build with the emotional climax being the bridge. Then the chorus after the bridge will be a breakdown to let the tension drop back down again and then rebuild with a repeat C. Variants can be the last C is 1/2 breakdown, 1/2 full, or the bridge is the breakdown, etc.

Build can be subtleties such as adding more harmonies and/or instrumentation (percussion elements, strings, etc).

Best,
:D Casey

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:22 am

And yes, a thesaurus is highly recommended! :D
thesaurus.jpg
thesaurus.jpg (218.78 KiB) Viewed 3088 times

Razor7Music
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Razor7Music » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:16 am

Casey H wrote:I'll be at the RR, Stephen! Hope to see you there! :D

One thing to help answer this question is to simply listen to some recent charting songs in genres such as rock, pop, country, etc. (or whatever YOUR genre is) and listen carefully to the productions.

I write mainly in VCVCBC(C) (The repeat C optional) format and the technique I still love is to build, build, build with the emotional climax being the bridge. Then the chorus after the bridge will be a breakdown to let the tension drop back down again and then rebuild with a repeat C. Variants can be the last C is 1/2 breakdown, 1/2 full, or the bridge is the breakdown, etc.

Build can be subtleties such as adding more harmonies and/or instrumentation (percussion elements, strings, etc).

Best,
:D Casey
See you there! 8-)
Thanks,

Stephen Davis, Songwriter
Music: here
For Daily Progress Reports on Twitter: @razor7music
Facebook: @r7mStephenDavis

“If everyone likes you, you're doing something wrong” --Jenna McMahon