We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

arska
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Action packed trailer track

Post by arska » Sun May 15, 2016 11:46 am

Hi there,

I've got some returns on trailer instrumentals previously because of missing energy and missing 3 distinct acts... This is the brand new track for that category which hasn't screened yet though but wanted to give it for your screening in case you are able to give some valuable comments and development ideas...

https://soundcloud.com/r2h-music/from-the-ashes

Thanks!

NaeDae
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Action packed trailer track

Post by NaeDae » Sun May 15, 2016 5:30 pm

arska wrote:Hi there,

I've got some returns on trailer instrumentals previously because of missing energy and missing 3 distinct acts... This is the brand new track for that category which hasn't screened yet though but wanted to give it for your screening in case you are able to give some valuable comments and development ideas...

Thanks!
You're overthinking. Just make a big "BWAHHH...... BWAHHHHH.... BWAHHHHH" like in district 9.

Nah I'm joking idk how to do trailer tracks but I'll bump your thread for ya.

arska
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by arska » Sun May 15, 2016 10:13 pm

NaeDae wrote:
arska wrote:Hi there,

Thanks!
You're overthinking. Just make a big "BWAHHH...... BWAHHHHH.... BWAHHHHH" like in district 9.

Nah I'm joking idk how to do trailer tracks but I'll bump your thread for ya.
:D Yes life is a short trip you just need to go BWAHHH...... BWAHHHHH.... and all the sudden everything falls in to correct places :)

Joseph
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Joseph » Mon May 16, 2016 7:36 am

I think it's great but would consider losing the calm section around 1:12. It's cool but sounds out of place from trailers I'm used to hearing. Also, try adding a tail of some kind at the end. Great sounds overall! Maybe someone more experienced in trailer music will chime in with some more advice.

-Joseph

artturner
Impressive
Impressive

Post by artturner » Mon May 16, 2016 12:23 pm

You may have seen it already, but Nick Murray has a great video that simplifies the three-act structure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgT2oKurtk4

arska
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by arska » Tue May 17, 2016 9:54 pm

Joseph wrote:I think it's great but would consider losing the calm section around 1:12. It's cool but sounds out of place from trailers I'm used to hearing. Also, try adding a tail of some kind at the end. Great sounds overall! Maybe someone more experienced in trailer music will chime in with some more advice.

-Joseph
Thanks Joseph, yes that "second act" seems to be the most challenging to me to make it right. I will modify that for the next submissions and add the tail you mentioned. It's true that many times trailers has that extra *BANG* at the end :) It's almost funny how strictly each trailer has these elements... even then I missed to add some of that stuff :?

arska
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by arska » Wed May 18, 2016 8:53 pm

Well in case some of you finds this useful for their own work, I got a forward now on this.

For the recording I got ticked "Not great but clean enough for the listing" with comments:

"Nice job with the mix. Good job making the orchestra sound good. The added electronic elements are working well i the hybrid mix"

So it kind of left me thinking what should I have done betted to achieve the best tick " Well-recorded" :)

Anyways, I'm happy for the forward and finally getting these orchestral stuff to the needed level, not easy though...