Why aren't these emailed listings on the site? :(

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Soundbed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Why aren't these emailed listings on the site? :(

Post by Soundbed » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:42 pm

Hi! I am still new to Taxi (month 2) and was about to submit to an ambient listing I saw in an email but I cannot find the listing on the site.

The deadline is in a couple hours!

:?: :| :o :( :?:

There is also another ambient listing due tomorrow that is missing from the site.

Why would these listings be sent in an email, then not be available on the site?

Does this happen often?
Deadlines Monday

AMBIENT, MELODIC INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a NON-Exclusive Music Library that’s always getting placements in a bunch of TV Shows, Film projects, and Movie Trailers. They’re looking for Down-To-Mid-Tempo Instrumental Cues that are in feel, vibe, and production ballpark of the references below:

“Lungs” by Glocque

“Nobodies” by LAIRE

“3 am” by Glxy

Develop your tracks to create an ambient, atmospheric sonic landscape that could underscore a tense television scene. Your Cues should use huge, lush pads and airy, reverb-drenched percussion, with electro, bouncy melodies and counter-melodies that deliver a light, smooth, fluid, and soothing texture.

Submissions can range from 60 seconds to 2 minutes in length. Short intros to no intro at all and Non-faded endings with a natural decay/ring out are recommended. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for texture, tone, and vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (Great sounding home recordings are fine).

This Library offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 split. You’ll get 50% of any applicable sync fees and 100% of the Writer’s share. The Publisher will get 50% of the sync fee and 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Please submit 1-3 Instrumentals online or per CD no later than 11:59 PM, (PDT), on Monday, September 12th, 2016. TAXI # D160912AM

Submit to this Listing

Deadlines Tuesday

DRAMATIC TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a fast-growing, NON-Exclusive Music Library that’s placing music in all types of TV shows, Films, Commercials, and Trailers. They’re currently on the hunt for Down-Tempo Instrumental Cues that are stylistically in the general ballpark of the references below:

“36” by Forever

“And Then I Woke Up” by Owsey

“Before Dawn” by Grandyzer

Please submit minimal, atmospheric compositions with a whole lot of texture, emotion, and tension in your soundscapes. Think of suspenseful scenes you’d see in Game of Thrones or True Detective that have that dreamy depth and escalating ambience stuff going on, and you’ll be on the right track. Avoid any harsh, bombastic, distracting sounds, as the goal here is to provide a sonic “bed” for visuals. Percussive elements should be very subtle and minimal, if included at all.

Submissions can range from 60 seconds to 2 minutes length. Short intros to no intro at all and Non-Faded endings with a natural decay/ring out are recommended. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced artists in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for texture, tone, and vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (Great sounding home recordings are fine).

This Library offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 split. You’ll keep 50% of any applicable sync fees and 100% of the Writer’s share. The Publisher will get 50% of the sync fee and 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Please submit 1-3 Instrumentals online or per CD no later than 11:59 PM, (PDT), on Tuesday, September 13th, 2016. TAXI #D160913DT
Cheers,
Nathan (Soundbed)

Composer Website New!
Soundcloud
Taxi Profile

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Why aren't these emailed listings on the site? :(

Post by hummingbird » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:55 pm

You're right, at least about the 2nd one as I checked too late for the first. Get in touch with TAXI first thing in the morning PDT (California time). They'll take care of it for you.

[Yes, it happens occasionally but if you notify them right away they'll fix it.]
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

Soundbed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Soundbed » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:15 pm

hummingbird wrote:You're right, at least about the 2nd one as I checked too late for the first. Get in touch with TAXI first thing in the morning PDT (California time). They'll take care of it for you.

[Yes, it happens occasionally but if you notify them right away they'll fix it.]
Thanks! I will!!
Cheers,
Nathan (Soundbed)

Composer Website New!
Soundcloud
Taxi Profile

WeWillWriteUaSong
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by WeWillWriteUaSong » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:01 am

Both of these listings are from Dispatch. Not the regular listings. In order to get Dispatch stuff you have to pay extra. It gets lower day by day depending how long you have been a member. On your main taxi page on the right, click Upgrade to Dispatch to see how much it'll be for you at the moment.
Marcus aka CaiNo

"Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing."

http://www.taxi.com/wewillwriteuasong
http://www.soundcloud.com/wewillwriteuasong

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:06 am

WeWillWriteUaSong wrote:Both of these listings are from Dispatch. Not the regular listings. In order to get Dispatch stuff you have to pay extra. It gets lower day by day depending how long you have been a member. On your main taxi page on the right, click Upgrade to Dispatch to see how much it'll be for you at the moment.

Bingo.

Soundbed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Soundbed » Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:02 pm

Thanks Everyone!

You are all so great.

I spoke to Isaac at Taxi and emailed him the email I received which included this listing.

It may have been an email mistake. They emailed it to some of us and maybe it shouldn't have been included in that email.

I am not on Dispatch today, so yes that's why I cannot submit.

Too bad, I made a cue that I like -- whether or not it was perfect for the listing may be another story of course!

It's on my http://taxi.com/soundbed page in 3 versions called "Pensive Traveller" or Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/memesounds/sets/ ... er/s-AK6r2
Cheers,
Nathan (Soundbed)

Composer Website New!
Soundcloud
Taxi Profile

Soundbed
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Soundbed » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:38 pm

Update - I am now (as of today) a member of Dispatch so I can see and submit to these in the future! (I got this listing emailed to me by mistake, apparently, but it's all good!)
Cheers,
Nathan (Soundbed)

Composer Website New!
Soundcloud
Taxi Profile