The Rules

Layin down the law..

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

shenrichs
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: The Rules

Postby shenrichs » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:05 pm

I've sent a private message to someone who replied to one of my posts on the Forwards forum. The private message is showing up in Outbox. What do I need to do to move it forward from Outbox?
DSD Music
"Doing Something Different"

Web site
TAXI
lesmac
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Postby lesmac » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:10 pm

I think its on its way and when they open it at their end it will disappear from your outbox.
funsongs
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Postby funsongs » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:42 pm

shenrichs wrote:I've sent a private message to someone who replied to one of my posts on the Forwards forum. The private message is showing up in Outbox. What do I need to do to move it forward from Outbox?

Les is correct - but, more specifically - the one to whom you sent the PM has to receive it - that is: see it & respond to the email prompt that they've been sent a message.
If your PM should somehow wind up in their spam folder... or, they simply do not find it, or chose NOT to respond to you - the "outbox" will still show that message is there.
There's really no way for you to tell if that person never sees your message, or is ignoring it.
Thus - depending on how important it is to you - you may just need to decide how long you'll let it sit there unanswered... before you chose to delete it; or do nothing.
Been there; done that.

Hope that helps.
Peter Rahill
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://taxi.com/peterrahill
“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra
shenrichs
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Postby shenrichs » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Thanks Lester and Peter - that's a big help.

Steve Henrichs
DSD Music
"Doing Something Different"

Web site
TAXI
Patrick
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Postby Patrick » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi!

I'm new here. Does it always take hours to get your post up? Or is it just because I'm new? Will the posts be instantaneous after I've been here for a bit?

Thanks,

Pat
Bad art can make you laugh
Good art can make you think
Great art can destroy you

- Me

(Did he just quote himself?? Yes! Yes I did!)
funsongs
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: The Rules - posting You Tube references

Postby funsongs » Thu May 17, 2018 12:18 pm

Hi Admin-
QUESTION: does including a You Tube link to a song or instrument piece that is presumed a work protected by copyright violate the rule that states

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you. YOUR POST WILL ABSOLUTELY BE REMOVED AND YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THESE BOARDS THE FIRST TIME YOU UPLOAD A COPYRIGHTED WORK THAT IS NOT YOUR OWN (to clarify, this does not mean your mother or sister or friend can’t ask you to post an MP3 for feedback from our community, but it does mean that if The Beatles’ songs somehow seem to be uploaded on this site, you and the upload will disappear). Copyrighted material includes songs, written articles, and any other copyrighted forms of expression.

Just wondering... or, for the sake of references and a la-s... there's an exception?
thanks.
Peter Rahill
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://taxi.com/peterrahill
“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra