Forum Newbies... a few thoughts+FAQs

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Lipskimusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Forum Newbies... a few thoughts+FAQs

Post by Lipskimusic » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:03 am

Dear All!

I am a new Taxi member based in Krakow, Poland. I am still in the process of digesting all the information and FAQs available for Newbies.

Really looking forward to speaking to you guys :) and for now I would just like to wish all of you a Happy 2017!

Cheers,
Matt

edmondredd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by edmondredd » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:05 pm

Happy New year to you to Matt, and welcome aboard, and hope you'll enjoy the ride ;)
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

Lipskimusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Lipskimusic » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:05 am

Thanks Edmond! I am so glad I finally called that 'cab' :) and the ride so far has been very inspiring.

Alasdair
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Alasdair » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:59 am

Hi People my name I Alasdair Dodds
ive been a closet composer all my life until about 6 months ago when i joined taxi which was driven by my wife secretly submitting a piece of my music to a Dircetor who decided to use my music in a low budget full feature film.. so actually got a IMDB credit which gave me the encouragement and confidence to seek out taxi.

I ve not submitted much and most of what i have submitted has been pre-composed work from the past rather than created for a listing. however ive had 10 forwards out of 41 submissions so running ona 25% cobvertion rate roughly. ive had a few 9's too on my submitted critiques which were also encouraging but dont know how good those stats are to be honest.

I do love creating music and making it a profession would be one of my bucket list ticked off.. I also would love to work with other composers.

Also a tip ive picked up on to share that a few screeners have kindly shared with me.. to help me track newer and older pieces my music is labelled eg New Audio 143b the number is the composition identity and the following letter refers to the version as some will have 2-5 versions. if you recall you can separately name the track as you upload it to the Taxi archive but it turns out that when the screeners listen to your music, depending on the platform either the original file name or the Taxi created name comes up which can be confusing for them. consequently ensure you rename or giv your trcak the final name on your computer before uploading it to ensure the Title is appropriately shown to the screeners and music supervisors alike. as iam starting to figure out the title and name make a big difference on your forwarded submission been chosen. something iam still learning to get right..

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:51 pm

Good post Alasdair. Finding a title is always part of the work of composing for me. Sometimes I start with a title and the work ends up not matching, and I need to come up with something that identifies the composition as being in the genre while hopefully being different and not one of the many 'love song' or 'scared straights' that might come up when someone's doing cue sheets hehe

cheers
H
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

SouthernKen

Post by SouthernKen » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Hello everyone. I just signed up for Taxi and hope I can learn from those of you who have been doing this for a while. I've been doing "bedroom producing" for a while and now I would like to take it to the next level.

EvanLainhart
Active
Active

Post by EvanLainhart » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:16 am

This is REALLY helpful. Thanks so much!!

jamesgmusic
Active
Active

Post by jamesgmusic » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:04 am

Excellent, and thank you!

rockmanenough

Post by rockmanenough » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:26 am

Hi a big hello to all you fellow travellers from a new Taxi member. Hope you are enjoying the Summer!
Just wondering is there any downtime in submission requests this time of year with summer vacations?

macktastic

Post by macktastic » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:09 pm

Hello everyone,
I just signed up to taxi about a week ago. So far I've submitted 10 tracks and have gotten 2 returned back. I noticed the feedback was graded on content rather than quality and ideas. The two listings I submitted to love the songs but they didn't fit the listing. So I'm assuming I'm on the right path. I have one question though: is each listing graded by someone totally different? or does each genre have one person who watches all listings underneath that genre?