Rain Showers

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

good4somethingbum
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Rain Showers

Post by good4somethingbum » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:45 am

Rain ShowersWell, the sky was sad n dark as eyes on some old St. BernardPurple clouds were spraying crystals on the windshield of my carAnd I cursed the rain and grease and put away my rusty jackWater fallin’ off my hat brim as I tossed my tools in backLaughin’ like a fool I soon surrendered to the sceneTore my shirt off and just let those sky tears wash me cleanRain showers were rollin’ down my faceSweet and pure as heaven’s graceIt’s funny how rain upon the skinSomehow calms the soul withinO the freedom and the powerOf cool rain showersShe was workin’ on the front porch as I pulled up in the yardKerchief in her shiny curls and sugar plums in canning jarsWith a twinkle her blue eyes met mine and I held out my handAsking her to join me in the daisies for a crazy danceI set free her curls and held her barefoot in the mistSlowly waltzing there together in a rain-soaked kissRain showers were rollin’ down her faceSweet and pure as heaven’s graceIt’s funny how rain upon the skinSomehow calms the soul withinO the freedom and the powerOf cool rain showersFor all the trouble daily living hasWash it away with something simple asRain showers just rollin’ down your faceSweet and pure as heaven’s graceIt’s funny how rain upon the skinSomehow calms the soul withinO the freedom and the powerOf cool rain showers©2008 Robert George

good4somethingbum
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Rain Showers

Post by good4somethingbum » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:40 am

I kinda like this one... :)