ORIGINAL, ROMANTIC PIANO-Based INSTRUMENTAL?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

arska
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: ORIGINAL, ROMANTIC PIANO-Based INSTRUMENTAL?

Post by arska » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:17 pm

daveydad wrote:Odd, I'm listening to it now and I don't hear any notes going out of tune. I did think I heard a couple of wrong notes barely played on the left hand at a few points? Other than that, I think it's nice... although I kind of wonder if the piano is a bit stiff/harsh in places.
I appreciate your comments. Piano actually might be a bit harsh on every here and there. Now I'm just figuring out whether its because of piano sound itself or my dynamics has to get better. Or both :)

I need to re-listen the track also again for those wrong notes, those might be true show stoppers in getting this forwarded :)

Thank You.

arska
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by arska » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:27 pm

MattCurious wrote:Are you using D-Verb on Protools? I've found that with certain sounds (including piano) there's a weird effect where decaying notes seem to drop in pitch.
Actually I'm not using even I tried it. I think Mini Grand has better reverb on its own. But good point that reverb might can sometimes cause even tuning issues. Depending how badly you manage to set it =)

Lipskimusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Lipskimusic » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:40 pm

@Len911: Yes, they have got a midi-triggered Yamaha grand piano that plays back midi files on the acoustic grand if that makes sense (http://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical- ... sklaviers/). I think Boesendorfer also sells similar grand pianos. The results can be great but only if there is someone who supervises/edits the actual midi file submitted (i.e. midi velocities on the 'host' keyboard vs. the responsiveness/action of their midi-triggered grand). 1-velocity midi is not the customer group they are trying to attract....rather those having a good 88 Masterkeyboard/Epiano (e.g. Clavinova).