Milkman Amps

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jazzstan
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Milkman Amps

Post by jazzstan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:32 pm

Went the Van Nuys AMP SHOW last fall, specifically to check out Milkman Amps. https://milkmansound.com/

Really nice amps. The 30 watt had a great responsiveness, but the low-watt ones are nice, too. Problem: I have a Fender Twin, a Dr. Z and a 3/5 watt Black-heart.. and a couple others. I don't ~NEED~ another amp .. (I only play "out" a couple of times a year). But I don't have a 6V6 amp, ya know. The owner is a really cool guy, but I haven't pulled the trigger on the purchase decision yet. Just need to come clean and confess the sin of gear-lust.

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Milkman Amps

Post by eeoo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:21 am

Ooh, I'm a sucker for blond amps. I have a blond Dr Z, z-28 head and cab, that head would fit right in.

jazzstan
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jazzstan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Ethan... they're made up in SFO, and there's a dealer in San Jose. Check it out. Let me know what you think / hear / feel.

jazzstan
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jazzstan » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:11 am

Tim, the fella who makes these, will have a booth a NAMM this week.
I'm gonna plug into one of these for another listen (as if one can even hear himself think there!!)
I'm sure it's a bad idea. wink wink.

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:36 am

Uh yeah that looks nice, bet it smells nice too :lol:

Wish I could afford some boutique amps, I'd like myself a vintage Fender, a Divided by 13, a Matchless, a Mesa Lonestar, a Two Rock combo, a Dr Z Wreck, and.. and..

Instead I went and spent money equal to a decent guitar on Projectsam's Symphobia Trio! But I really wanted the guitar amps!!! :D
Ceo of my own life

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:11 pm

Wish I could afford some boutique amps, I'd like myself a vintage Fender, a Divided by 13, a Matchless, a Mesa Lonestar, a Two Rock combo, a Dr Z Wreck, and.. and..
:lol:
I recognise that gear lust!! The problem is, if you're afflicted it won't go away, regardless of what amps (or guitars, or VI's, or recording gear etc) you acquire. Get a Milkman, but you'll still want the others. :lol:

I've used a load of different amps over the years, but a few years ago I got tired of the heavy lifting (and the high volumes) so I slimmed down to a cheap Peavey Classic 30W with a few pedals and it was fine (mainly 'cos it was small, light and sounded reasonably good, even though it was a cheap PCB build and not particularly robust). Then I was offered a Boogie Lonestar Special at a price I couldn't refuse..... so I didn't. Sure, its a nice amp and a step up from the Peavey, but its bigger, heavier and I feel I have to be very protective of it. Am I any happier? Maybe, but it hasn't changed my life (I still have the same fingers). Do I still fancy a Two-Rock, a Divided by 13, a Dr Z (and now a Milkman....thanks Stan :x ;) )? You bet I do! :arrow: = Incurable! :lol:
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

jazzstan
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jazzstan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:34 am

Spent some hands-on time with one at NAMM. Tim Marcus (company owner and craftsman) is a very cool guy.
And so .. no big surprise: I did it. Got me the "Dairy Air" amp. Sweet, clear, punchy and breaks up nicely. Two 6V6's that I can swap out for 6L6s if need more power.

Wheee, I got me a new amp.

Wake then neighbors! Oh, I already did.

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:51 am

"Dairy Air"
Nice one Stan!
Has it got lots of bottle and really delivers? Does it cream the competition? ;)
No wonder they chose that name. Its puntastic!

Anyway, please let us know when you've got some recordings posted,
so the rest of us guitarists can have a relapse with our 'amp acquisition syndrome'. :)
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.