2 RETURNS: “FALSE PARADISE”

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

lgstarr
Impressive
Impressive

2 RETURNS: “FALSE PARADISE”

Post by lgstarr » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:12 pm

S170207AC
COMPELLING, ADULT CONTEMPORARY SONGS with Male Vocals are needed by a Major Record Label for a Chart-Topping SUPERSTAR that has sold over 25 million records worldwide. They're currently on the hunt for great songs in All Tempos that could be heard on the same playlist as artists like (but not limited to) Michael Buble, Coldplay, John Mayer, etc., etc., etc. Please listen to the references below to get an idea of the sound and style that could work for this pitch: "Haven't Met You Yet" by Michael Buble: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AJmKkU5POA "Yellow" by Coldplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKNxeF4KMsY "Gravity" by John Mayer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VBex8zbDRs Please submit commercially appealing, well-structured songs that have inviting melodies, and a big, radio-ready chorus. This artist has an incredible vocal range, so you'd be wise to have a top-notch vocal performance on your song to help get him/them excited about cutting it. Having a well-produced track could also put you ahead of the pack. However, stripped-down Piano/Vocal demos will work for this pitch if it effectively gets your song's message across! Please submit one to three Songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Tuesday, February 7th, 2017. TAXI #S170207AC

No reasons given.

Y170202PB
BIG, CONTEMPORARY POP BALLADS with Male or Female Vocals are needed for several $1,500, Direct-to-Music Supervisor, NON-Exclusive placements in a new Science Fiction TV Series done by the same producers as the hit TV show, Mr. Robot. They're looking for compelling, Down-to-Mid Tempo Songs that could be heard on a playlist with artists like (but not limited to), Adele, James Bay, SIA, etc., etc., etc. Please take a listen to the following references to get yourself in the general wheelhouse of what they need: "Hello" by Adele: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQHsXMglC9A "Let It Go" by James Bay: https://www.youtube.com/watchv=GsPq9mzFNGY "Chandelier" SIA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vjPBrBU-TM Give them songs with tons of feeling and emotion, memorable hooks and a big, anthemic, heartfelt chorus. Your submission can be a Stripped-Down, Acoustic-Based performance with piano/vocal or guitar/vocal, or a more fully produced track with strings, drums, pads, etc. Lyric themes can vary, but should be something that has substance, emotional pull, and the ability to capture the listener's attention. Universal lyrics will always work best, so please avoid specific names, places, dates, times, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy or rip off the referenced artists in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, texture, and tone. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).The estimated license fee for this use is $1,500, depending on the ultimate placement. This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Music Supervisor pitch. You'll get 100% of the sync fee, and 100% of any applicable performance royalties. Plus, you'll also keep 100% of your Publishing and Master ownership. You need to own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit 1-3 Songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a TAXI screener handpicked by the Company - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Thursday, February 2nd, 2017. TAXI #Y170202PB

Recording.
This track has too much processing on it. Too much echo causing the piece to lack clarity.

FALSE PARADISE
Music & Lyrics by Linda Starr

You can’t believe in everything you’re told
Or every bill of goods you’re sold
I know you think you’ve got it figured out
And there’s no room for doubt

But can’t you see that it’s only just a matter of time before the end
And it’s coming, coming sooner than you think
You shall know the truth
And the truth will set you free if you believe in me

Wake up, wake up and realize
You’re living in a false, false paradise
Open, open up your eyes

It’s getting close, but no one knows the date
Someday it’s gonna be too late
It’s up to you, you’ll either win or lose
It’s all in what you choose today

But it’s only just a matter of time before the end
And it’s coming, coming sooner than you think
You shall know the truth
And the truth will set you free if you believe in me

Open, open up your eyes

Open, open up your eyes

https://soundcloud.com/userlgstarr/false-paradise

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: 2 RETURNS: “FALSE PARADISE”

Post by hummingbird » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:25 pm

S170207AC
All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Tuesday, February 7th, 2017. TAXI #S170207AC

No reasons given.
There's no way this should have been returned without a critique. Please contact TAXI re this.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:59 pm

The issue here is again, contemporary. The Vocals and Setting are more a musical theatre style or something more Josh Groban-ish. The singer just doesn't have a current quality. He's a bit Anthony Newly sounding.

I do like the song itself, of the three I've listened to this has the most compelling kind of vibe in its melody. With the right vocalist and setting it could work for film/tv imo or more retro style listings.

All my comments are JMHO. Keep or sweep.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

lgstarr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lgstarr » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:42 pm

hummingbird wrote:
S170207AC
All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Tuesday, February 7th, 2017. TAXI #S170207AC

No reasons given.
There's no way this should have been returned without a critique. Please contact TAXI re this.
I asked them soon after you posted this and only just found out a couple of days ago: I would have had to put a check mark next to something that said I wanted critique (I had thought that meant it would cost $20 so I've never checked it, but they said that was different than an "S" listing).

Onaginoffegin
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Onaginoffegin » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:17 pm

All returns should have a reason, written by the screener, for the return.

Henry

Medina50

Post by Medina50 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:43 pm

Hello all,

We appreciate you all sharing your concerns. Just to clarify, all "s" listings do come with a more thorough critique. In this instance you did not receive one, and that is an error on our end. We deeply apologize and are currently working on resolving this issue, so that errors such as this do not happen again in the future. We hope you all do continue to share any discrepancies moving forward, so that our staff can continue doing everything we can to ensure you are all getting the most out of your membership.

Sincerely,

Eric

lgstarr
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lgstarr » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:07 am

Medina50 wrote:Hello all,

We appreciate you all sharing your concerns. Just to clarify, all "s" listings do come with a more thorough critique. In this instance you did not receive one, and that is an error on our end. We deeply apologize and are currently working on resolving this issue, so that errors such as this do not happen again in the future. We hope you all do continue to share any discrepancies moving forward, so that our staff can continue doing everything we can to ensure you are all getting the most out of your membership.

Sincerely,

Eric
Thank you, Eric. However, as I originally reported via email on February 23rd (also thanks to forum member "Hummingbird"), there was a second song returned "Help Wanted" that also seems to be the same kind of error:
S170131CR
All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Tuesday, January 31st, 2017. TAXI #S170131CR