We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Mixnow3
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Need a las on Return Please

Post by Mixnow3 » Thu May 04, 2017 6:29 pm

Hello All,

The below track "So Much To See" was returned for the below listing. Screener stated, "Solid creativity, but more electro based than the rock band feel of the reference material". After listening to my track again, I do agree with the screener. I was trying to match the vibe and feel of "Good Life" by One Republic with the rhythm, pad, and uplifting melody. I'm not a guitarist but managed to learn the 3 guitar chords to give the piece some contrast, like the "Good Life" piece. I'm wondering if an electric guitar would have been better for the top line versus the synth patch I used.

Does this track match any known a las? Trying to determine if I potentially could submit this to a different listing in the future. Just trying to find my way and niche. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/bill-kafka/so-mu ... ee/s-jxV1v

EMOTIONALLY UPLIFTING, HOPEFUL INSTRUMENTALS are needed for a $1,500, Non-Exclusive, Digital (online) Commercial for a top Automotive Brand. They’re looking for compelling, Mid-To-Up-Tempo Instrumental that are in the general stylistic wheelhouse of songs by (but not limited to): U2, The Fray, One Republic, etc., etc. etc. Please review the flowing songs to get yourself in the ballpark of the vibe and style of what they need: “Viva La Vida” by Coldplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgZkm1xWPE “You Found Me” by The Fray: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFg_8u87zT0 “Good Life” by One Republic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZhQOvvV45w Even though the references have vocals in them, this request is for Instrumentals only! Your Instrumentals should have an uplifting and inspiring quality to them, with a driving beat that leads to a triumphant build in the hook. Be sure to keep it simple and avoid anything that would be distracting under dialog! All Instrumentals should be at least 90 seconds in length, but no longer than 4 minutes (give or take).

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Need a las on Return Please

Post by annayarbrough » Sun May 07, 2017 6:37 pm

Hey!

So my two cents on this one - to me it sounds like a fusion of two different styles (which, as you said, may change if you used an electric for that synth line... I'm not a guitarist, so I'll leave that for someone else!

My initial reaction to the first 12 seconds was 90s rock - Counting Crows were the first band that sprung to mind, although I'm sure there are plenty of others with a similar vibe. When the main riff entered, it also felt 90s-2000s era (slightly older than the synth style of One Republic). The Killers (especially their 2004 album Hot Fuss) was the first thing I thought of - they use a lot of 80s/90s synth sounds.

Just my gut reaction! I'd definitely be curious to hear it with an electric lead too. Best of luck with it!
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud

Mixnow3
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Mixnow3 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:20 pm

Hi Anna,

After reading your feedback, I agree the first 12 seconds sounds like Counting Crowes and the rest has The Killers sound to it. I decided I will take out the piano/acoustic part in the beginning and will try replacing the synth lead line with a lead guitar. Will go for an alternative rock sound, like The Killers. I actually listen to a lot of alternative rock, probably my most favorite genre right now. It's amazing how feedback from someone else can "open up ones ears". I appreciate the feedback and your time.

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Tue May 09, 2017 8:56 am

You're welcome! Would love to hear the new arrangement when you're done with it.
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud