Dramedy duplicate?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Dramedy duplicate?

Post by daveydad » Fri May 19, 2017 6:39 am

Just noticed this listing is pretty much an exact duplicate of a Dispatch listing from last week (below). Is it perhaps a different library? Hate to waste my $5.

URBAN DRAMEDY INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a big Production Company’s NON-Exclusive, In-House Music Library for placements in a variety of Hit Reality TV Shows they produce. They’re looking for Mid-to-Up Tempo Instrumental Cues that you’d hear in TV shows like (but not limited to) Real Housewives, Basketball Wives, Braxton Family Values etc., etc., etc. Please listen to the following references to get a general idea of what they’re looking for:

LA Hair (0:02 – 0:20)
“Real Housewives Beverly Hills Theme Song”
Braxton Family Values (1:01 - 1:32)

Please send well-crafted Instrumental Cues that are built around a fresh Urban/Hip-Hop beat and would support a variety of scenes in an Urban-based Reality TV shows. Be sure your production is solid, contemporary sounding, and has a noticeable Urban vibe, feel, and style. Build your cues around a central melodic theme while adding and subtracting layers of instrumentation as they progress to add dynamics, interest, and forward movement. Avoid anything overly busy or frenetic, as it could interfere with dialogue.

Your submissions should be about 1:30 in length, give or take. If they’re a little on the long side, don’t sweat it! Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

This company offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 deal. You’ll split any applicable sync fees 50/50. You’ll get 100% of the Master rights and Writer’s share, and the Library will get 100% of the Publishing for any placements they generate. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit for this opportunity. Please submit one to three Instrumentals Cues online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Saturday, May 27th, 2017. TAXI #Y170527UH

=========================================================================================================================================================================================================
D170513UD URBAN-Influenced DRAMEDY INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed pretty quickly by a successful Production Music Library with a very long list of placements for TAXI members. They don’t have much music in their catalog for this genre, so they’re searching for quite a few Mid-to-Up Tempo Cues in a variety of moods. Please listen to the following references to get in the general stylistic wheelhouse of what they’re looking for: LA Hair (:02 - :20) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx6tF8k_j0g Braxton Family Values (:30 – 1:06) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRddw6rhVwo Kendra On Top (:05 - :15) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAGRfI-ketI Braxton Family Values (:10 -:30) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyEHbhcA28I Please send Instrumental Cues that are built around a contemporary Urban/Hip-Hop beat and would support a variety of scenes in Urban-flavored Reality TV shows. Structure your Cue around a central melodic theme while adding and subtracting instrumentation as it progresses to give it some dynamics and forward momentum. Please avoid anything that sounds busy or overly frenetic, as it could distract from a scene’s dialogue. This library needs a bunch of fresh Cues in this genre, so if you’ve got the goods, don’t be shy about submitting for this. All submissions should be about 1:30 minutes in length, give or take, with non-faded/buttoned endings. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit one to three Instrumental Cues online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), Saturday, May 13th, 2017. TAXI #D170513UD

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Dramedy duplicate?

Post by hummingbird » Fri May 19, 2017 10:41 am

I think they are different. But you could always call TAXI to find out.

- a big Production Company’s NON-Exclusive, In-House Music Library for placements in a variety of Hit Reality TV Shows they produce

-a successful Production Music Library with a very long list of placements for TAXI members - Exclusive
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

daveydad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by daveydad » Mon May 22, 2017 2:16 pm

Found out these are two different libraries.

jeromerossen
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jeromerossen » Fri May 26, 2017 10:49 am

Hah - I had the same question, and am now seeing your answer.

Here's a question that came up because of this listing - curious how you proceed… if there similar listings like the ones you’re referring to, one is non-exclusive one is exclusive - do you submit the same material to both?

I’m mostly curious about what would happen if the non-exclusive library totally falls in love with my track (unlikely, but it could happen!) then a bit later, the exclusive library comes calling… I have my MO, but I’m wondering how you do it…