To AdRev or not To AdRev

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

To AdRev or not To AdRev

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue May 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Putting this one out there to you guys...

After 15 months of Taxi submissions I have around 120 cues. Most of these were written for Taxi briefs, around 40 were Forwarded and 20 are signed as a result of one of those Forwards.

That leaves 100 cues that aren't really doing much. I put my first 40 of those onto a royalty free site..not sure if I can name names - we will call it "AS" for short. Most of them have been up on the site for around 10 months now , total income $1.64 for some streams..no sales. only a few listens per day.

My question is, should I sign those 100 non-selling, non-signed cues up to AdRev and basically give them away somewhere in the hope of monetising them. If it covered me for my 10 Taxi submissions each month that would be something at least.

I would like hink they are all "Broadcast Quality" on the whole, although do think I've learned quite a bit since I started so my more recent ones are better. I wouldn't submit anything I have signed elsewhere and I do have a few Forwards that were Exclusive so I would probably keep those back on the off chance someone made contact many weeks down the line.

Anybody done this or got any thoughts ?

Thanks

Mark

waveheavy
Impressive
Impressive

Re: To AdRev or not To AdRev

Post by waveheavy » Tue May 30, 2017 11:57 pm

Just curious, you can choose to answer or not, but how many of those 20 signed cues generated placements?

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: To AdRev or not To AdRev

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed May 31, 2017 1:33 am

waveheavy wrote:Just curious, you can choose to answer or not, but how many of those 20 signed cues generated placements?
I have said it elsewhere on another thread but still waiting for a placement, been a year since the initial tune was signed and have gradually added more cues to their catalogue over time. It wasn't 20 all in one hit and the 20th has only just been sent. Genres they need vary from month to month so I check back with them every so often and then work on something for them in between the other Taxi Listings.