Know any Libraries that take Vintage Songs?

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tk2020

Know any Libraries that take Vintage Songs?

Post by tk2020 » Wed May 24, 2017 2:35 pm

Hey Guys. I am wondering if anyone knows any music libraries that are known to take Vintage music? I have hundreds of songs of many genres that I would like to try and find a place for. Any suggestions? Thanks!

EDIT: I have submitted to the "Vintage Listings" here on Taxi around 10 times with no success. Wasn't trying to offend anyone by asking. Just wanted to see if there were any other options.
Last edited by tk2020 on Wed May 24, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Know any Libraries that take Vintage Songs?

Post by hummingbird » Wed May 24, 2017 5:29 pm

It would be inappropriate for us to post Music Library names on TAXI's forum. TAXI does run listings for vintage music quite often, however. Keep an eye out.

cheers
Hummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

WeWillWriteUaSong
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by WeWillWriteUaSong » Wed May 24, 2017 6:05 pm

Great listings. Easy to spot. They ask for authentic vintage and if you get the forward they will certainly listen to your song(s). Keep an eye out like HB said and take advantage when they run one that you have the perfect music for. You're in the right place for sure. Also be sure to go to the Rally. That library will most likely be there. ;)
Marcus aka CaiNo

"Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing."

http://www.taxi.com/wewillwriteuasong
http://www.soundcloud.com/wewillwriteuasong

DesireInspires
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DesireInspires » Wed May 24, 2017 6:17 pm

tk2020 wrote:Hey Guys. I am wondering if anyone knows any music libraries that are known to take Vintage music? I have hundreds of songs of many genres that I would like to try and find a place for. Any suggestions? Thanks!
I don't know of any music libraries that specialize in vintage songs, as there are many styles that are considered "vintage".

But I can send you a list of music libraries for you to research in you spare time. Check your PM.

tk2020

Post by tk2020 » Wed May 24, 2017 6:57 pm

hummingbird wrote:It would be inappropriate for us to post Music Library names on TAXI's forum. TAXI does run listings for vintage music quite often, however. Keep an eye out.

cheers
Hummin'bird
Hey there. I have actually submitted to every listing that has been available for Vintage music here on Taxi, however, haven't received any Forwards. Just wanted to see if there was a more efficient way to try and get my Vintage music out there.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed May 24, 2017 8:27 pm

tk2020 wrote:
hummingbird wrote:It would be inappropriate for us to post Music Library names on TAXI's forum. TAXI does run listings for vintage music quite often, however. Keep an eye out.

cheers
Hummin'bird
Hey there. I have actually submitted to every listing that has been available for Vintage music here on Taxi, however, haven't received any Forwards. Just wanted to see if there was a more efficient way to try and get my Vintage music out there.
I understand. I was just trying to point out that TAXI created this forum and supports this community by doing so. If we start posting Music Library names in TAXI's forum, wouldn't we be damaging Michael's business.....?

cheers,
H

topic138360.html
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

JohnnyP
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by JohnnyP » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:29 am

Hi,

I've just had one song signed by a vintage library with more of my music being considered. This was directly attributable to the Road Rally last November. My advice like the other folks said is to keep submitting your songs, but also carefully read the descriptions of the pros available for one-on -one meetings at the Road Rally and sit down with him or her. Good luck!
John L Pearson
www.johnptunes.com