Unaccredited Placement

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ChristopherChristofi

Unaccredited Placement

Post by ChristopherChristofi » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:36 am

I need some advice please on the following issue that came up.

I have some music placed in a music library that is gone unaccredited for the past year or so. I submitted at the library directly when I found out the opportunity. Please note that the listing was NOT on taxi.com (I hadn't even know it at the time). The director of the library had asked me for my PRO info and because I wasn't registered by then I rushed things and registered with PRS (The UK PRO, I am not a permanent resident of the US). They said it would not be of any problem.

When I submitted the final tracks (they wanted some improvements) they said they were going to register with the PRO and I gave them my number.

Recently I was checking my account on my PRO and I noticed that nothing was registered. I checked there website to see if they didn't publish it but there they are. Other composers are credited normally but my tracks aren't.

How should I proceed? Should I contact them? Should I contact my PRO first? I suppose mistakes happen but how should I approach them with the most professional manner? Any thoughts or similar experiences?

P.S. I did not mention the library's name or contact on purpose. I don't know if that is appropriate in the forum or in general.

guscave
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Unaccredited Placement

Post by guscave » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:08 pm

Many libraries don't register songs until they've got a placement for it. But you might want to call them (the library) anyways to see what happening. Also, check to see if by any chance they re-titled the song and maybe registered it with the re-titled name.

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Unaccredited Placement

Post by edmondredd » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:51 pm

You should contact the library, and ask them about it. Usually, the library registers your track(s), but sometimes they would ask you to do so. If it's an exclusive deal, you don't need to retitle. But in any cases (original title or retitled) your tracks should appear in your PRO catalogue.
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image