Confused by latest URGENT high energy listing U170929HE

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Confused by latest URGENT high energy listing U170929HE

Post by Paulie » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:15 am

The call is for High Energy Electronic Dance Instrumentals, music needed by Friday.

The listing says: "Your Instrumental Cue can have a bit of a Hip-Hop or Dubstep influence, but you’d be wise to avoid going too deep into either of those genres. Just a taste will do ;-)" But, the first and third a la's are pure Trap. The second a la is more traditional EDM in form. Isn't Trap a variant of Hip Hop? Does the customer want pure Trap? I would consider the first and third a la's to be very deep into the Hip Hop genre, which is exactly the opposite of what the Taxi tip suggests. Any thoughts out there? (I'm on a 1 for 18 streak right now and getting gun shy).

PC
CONTEMPORARY, HIGH-ENGERY ELECTRONIC DANCE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are U-R-G-E-N-T-L-Y needed by a successful Boutique Music Library that’s feeding music directly to a Series on MTV. They’re looking for a bunch of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that would fit well on a playlist with the following references:

“Booty Had Me Like” by Psychic Type

“The Code” by W&W & Ummet Ozcan

“Adderall” by 21 Aywy. & EphRem

Although the references have some vocals, this request is for instrumentals only!
Please submit fresh, energetic Instrumental Cues that generally reflect the vibe and style of the references above. Your Instrumentals should be current sounding with plenty of great builds, drops, pulsing rhythms, and tons energy. Structure your Cues around a central theme while adding and subtracting instrumentation as it progresses to give it some dynamics, forward momentum, and to keep it from sounding too repetitive. This library needs a lot of Cues in this style and genre quickly, so please don’t be shy about submitting several Cues for this pitch!

TAXI Tip: Your Instrumental Cue can have a bit of a Hip-Hop or Dubstep influence, but you’d be wise to avoid going too deep into either of those genres. Just a taste will do ;-)

All Submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length. Non-Faded endings with a natural decay/ring out are recommended. Do NOT copy the referenced tracks in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

This company offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 split. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share. The Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit for this pitch. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or on CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – Short critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Friday, September 29th, 2017. TAXI #U170929HE
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Confused by latest URGENT high energy listing U170929HE

Post by Len911 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:09 pm

Paulie, good luck parsing genres,lol! I'd stick with "high energy electronic dance instrumentals" and follow the examples.

It's like trying to determine or distinguish crooner music from jazz, or jazz from the blues, or tin pan alley from either, or even theater music. Etta James was asked the difference between the blues and jazz, and she said, "the blues is downtown, and jazz is uptown". :shock: :lol: The playlist is probably the best indication of what they are looking for, because it prioritizes the song over an artist or genre. The song is what often makes an artist a crossover artist, and adds a genre on their Wiki page,lol!

Having said that, I'm still studying whether it's the rhythm, ie swing, shuffle, etc. that is a better determination??

I'm not at all versed in hip hop, rap, trap, edm, logically it seems that trap is closer to rap because it rhymes? :twisted: Trip Trop is probably closer to hip hop?? :lol: :oops:
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music