Dispatch listing—re-run of another listing?

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Dispatch listing—re-run of another listing?

Post by annayarbrough » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:14 pm

Hey all,

Saw this listing today (in yellow below) and it's very similar to a listing that ran back in July (blue). Is this likely to be the same company looking for something they didn't find before, or have you found that some listings just have very similar verbiage?

Don't want to submit the same thing if it's the former.

Thanks for your insight!

SINGER-SONGWRITER-Style PIANO INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a well-connected and extremely busy Music Licensing Company for placements in TV, Film, and Commercials. They’re looking for Instrumentals in All Tempos that would fit well on a playlist with artists like, but not limited to) Bruno Mars, Sam Smith, John Legend, etc., etc. Please listen to the following references to get an idea of the stylistic ballpark they’re looking in for this pitch:

“When I Was Your Man” by Bruno Mars https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekzHIouo8Q4
“Stay With Me” by Sam Smith https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB-5XG-DbAA
“All of Me” by John Legend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=450p7goxZqg

Although the references have vocals, this request is for Instrumentals only! Please send them well-crafted Piano-based Instrumentals that have solid musicianship from start to finish. A solo piano piece or a piano piece with some light accompaniment can both work for this pitch, as long as the overall sound is predominantly Piano-driven. If you’re using a sampled/virtual Piano, please be sure that it sounds indistinguishable from the real thing! Anything that’s obviously synthetic or MIDI-driven won’t work for this pitch.

Your submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length. Non-Faded/Buttoned endings will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 deal. You’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright. Please do not send material for this pitch that is signed to any other libraries or catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – Short critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Saturday, October 7th, 2017. TAXI #D171007PI

Submit to this listing TAXI # D171007PI

Old listing:

Y170726SS
SINGER/SONGWRITER-Style PIANO INSTRUMENTALS are needed for several $500, NON-Exclusive, Direct-to-Production Company placements on a HIT TV Show on a Major Broadcast Network. Please submit super strong, Down-to-Mid Tempo Instrumentals that would be in the general stylistic ballpark of these references: “When I Was Your Man” by Bruno Mars: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekzHIouo8Q4 “Stay With Me” by Sam Smith: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB-5XG-DbAA “All of Me” by John Legend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=450p7goxZqg Although the references have vocals, this request is for Instrumentals only! Please submit emotionally moving Instrumentals that have solid musicianship from start to finish. A solo piano or a piano piece with some light accompaniment can easily do the trick for this pitch, as they are NOT looking for anything that’s “too grand or overly dynamic.” If you’re using a sampled/virtual Piano, please be sure that it sounds indistinguishable from the real thing! Anything that’s obviously synthetic or MIDI-driven won’t work for this pitch. All Instrumentals should be at least 2 minutes in length, and not more than 4 minutes (give or take). We suspect that these Instrumentals could be used in the context of a scene in which somebody is “writing” a song on screen, and they need something to “write” to. We don’t know that for a fact, but it’s a reasonable guess on our part. Please do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). The estimated license fee for this placement is (up to) $500, depending on the ultimate placement. This is a Non-Exclusive, Direct-to-Production Company placement, so you’ll keep 100% ownership of your Master and Composition rights, plus you’ll also get 100% of the sync fee and any applicable performance royalties. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit one to three Instrumentals online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT), on Wednesday, July 26th, 2017. TAXI #Y170726SS
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Dispatch listing—re-run of another listing?

Post by Casey H » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi Anna
Yes, the listings are VERY similar. But the older one was non-exclusive and this newer one is exclusive. So it doesn't sound like the same company.

*IF* you submitted songs to the older listing, you may want to contact Taxi and ask if this is the same client before submitting the same songs for the new listing. You can ask Taxi if "Listing A" is the same client as "Listing B" and they will give you a Yes/No answer.

Best of luck!
:) Casey

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:09 pm

Casey H wrote:Hi Anna
Yes, the listings are VERY similar. But the older one was non-exclusive and this newer one is exclusive. So it doesn't sound like the same company.

*IF* you submitted songs to the older listing, you may want to contact Taxi and ask if this is the same client before submitting the same songs for the new listing. You can ask Taxi if "Listing A" is the same client as "Listing B" and they will give you a Yes/No answer.

Best of luck!
:) Casey
Awesome. Thanks Casey!!!
Anna Yarbrough

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:36 pm

And one was a library and the other was a production company no?

Also - beware of chord progressions that go
vi-V-I (repeat) vi-V-IV vi-V-I cause Tom petty will try to sue you and he “won’t back down”!!

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:16 pm

andygabrys wrote:And one was a library and the other was a production company no?
Ah good catch, didn't notice that!
andygabrys wrote:Also - beware of chord progressions that go
vi-V-I (repeat) vi-V-IV vi-V-I cause Tom petty will try to sue you and he “won’t back down”!!
:lol: If only I could write something with that sticking power....
Anna Yarbrough