PRO- My tracks still not showing up

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

PRO- My tracks still not showing up

Post by edmondredd » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:03 am

So I've had 5 or so tracks signed exclusively with one of the libraries (Taxi friendly most probably), and the album was released around the first week of May.
Up till now, the tracks didn't show up in my PRO catalogue.
I've emailed the library owner 3 times already (once every now and then) regarding the matter. He replied saying that the tracks will show up with the societies once the international distributors register them- Which usually takes a few weeks from the release date.
The next answer was that he checked with his oversea distributor, and that the album was not yet released on its website. However the album is up in all other territories & registered with the societies in his country ( :?: )
I've followed up again last week, and this time he said he'll get in touch with them and get back to me.

I'm getting confused with all this mess, and I don't know what would happen next. In my understanding, I did sign an exclusive deal with this specific publisher, and it's his job to register the work with the relevant PRO.
Also, how on earth, could the album be up in all other territories and registered with the societies in his country (obviously not the US) and not showing in my PRO.

I'd love to hear your opinion, advices and tips on handling such a situation,
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

Cruciform
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: PRO- My tracks still not showing up

Post by Cruciform » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Hey Edmond,

This is very common. When a publisher uses sub-publishers, each sub-pub is responsible for registering the titles in their respective territories. Sometimes the sub-pubs do that ASAP. Other times they don't register a title until it's used.
But then it takes time for the registration details to flow through from one country to the writer or publisher's PRO. For example, I'm still waiting on titles to show that were released nearly two years ago.

BTW, I got your wetransfer emails, will be collecting those files today. Cheers mate!

edmondredd
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edmondredd » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:00 am

Thank you Rob for your clarification. I thought it was the main publisher who's responsible for that.
I'm surprised to hear that it might take up to 2 years for titles to get registered. What if they're placed somewhere meanwhile?
So I think the best option is just wait, or maybe not even worry?

I don't know.
Cruciform wrote: BTW, I got your wetransfer emails, will be collecting those files today. Cheers mate!
Great :) and if you need anything else, do let me know :)
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

Cruciform
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Cruciform » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:10 am

If they get placed, then the sub-pub *should* register them as soon as they know they're used. Unfortunately, it is a long lead time business, especially when dealing with other countries.

I got your files and will reply to your email tomorrow. Cheers!