Road Rally 2017 Thank you!

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Road Rally 2017 Thank you!

Post by Casey H » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:01 pm

Well another fantastic road rally is in the book and I just wanted to say thank you to Michael Laskow and the Taxi team for another great one! :D This was my 11th straight rally!! And I loved every one of them. They keep getting better and better.

Also want to thank all the sponsors, mentors, panelists, teachers, etc. for their incredible contributions.

It was great to see old friends and meet new ones! Every year I meet new Taxi peeps and generally end up with new collaborators and long time friendships. The talent of Taxi members never ceases to amaze me. :D

Warmest,
:D Casey

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Road Rally 2017 Thank you!

Post by Tunesmith » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:16 pm

This was my first and so rewarding! I was amazed at how generous the mentors, panelists, teachers were with their time, leaving no stone un-turned, making sure we got it. Especially Michael asking them questions to cover
specific points of a topic. And I loved the humor!

I learned a whole lot, and met wonderful people; and it was great to hook up with those I have been in touch with on the forums.

Great to meet you Casey! Next year, we must hang!

Thank you TAXI!

Best to all,

Linda

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Cheers to that! Great to meet you, Casey!
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud

jlizerbram
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jlizerbram » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:03 pm

Likewise, Casey,

It was great to meet you. I joined TAXI in 2008, went to the 2008-2010 rallies...life happened, membership expired, then came back in 2016 and this year. Never am I going to do that again!! It's as if I have to restart my 5 year plan all over again! 2016 and 2017 Road Rallies have been absolutely outstanding. When people ask, "what was the highlight of your rally experience", I honestly can't pinpoint just 1. And when TAXI members are mentors, leading breakout sessions, and even published book authors, there's a lot to be said there. Dean K, Matt H, Matt V, Mazz, Dave W, Steve Barden, Stephen Baird, Chuck H, Chuck S, Casey, C.K., Barry, The Marinos, Keith L...OMG, the list goes on....sorry if I missed anyone...you all are ROCKSTARS!

Michael, if you're reading this, you've helped create such a supportive community of composers, artists and musicians alike. The value stretches way beyond the annual membership dues. Thank you!

Look for me again next year at the front of the registration line...bright and early!

-Jeff
Jeff Lizerbram
TAXI Member