Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

fuzzbox
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Top 3

Post by fuzzbox » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:22 am

This is worth keeping as a reminder:
Michael Laskow—know what your mission is—what is the need in the music industry that you can fill?

ML—create a mood list and write several cues that fit those moods

Matt Hirt—build credibility. Social media presence, youtube, etc. Something that makes it obvious that you're in it for the long haul

Frank Palazzollo—create a different version (genre) of every song you write

Laurel Ostrander—a cue should be exciting on entry, and a sting out is often preferred. Interest in, and interest out.

Bobby Borg—reasons why people don't exceed (1): people are in such a rush! (Relatable) Not a lotto ticket. Doctors, lawyers etc take years... Don't bail before you should. Odds are always in favor of those who work hard.
I missed most of these classes as I was at another.
Some really good points there 8-) ;) :geek:
ImageImage

All You Need Is Ears - Sir George Martin
The music is not in the notes, but in the silence betweenWolfgang Amadeus Mozart

MJFrog
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by MJFrog » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:58 pm

Anna, Love your music and how committed you are
my best "Take Away's" (not rubish but mantra's)
1) Ralph Murphy quote: "What's in it for the Woman" ... "What's in it for the Women" ... "Whats in it for the Women" ...
Life in art has to have everything ... the whole package "Passion" "Breath" "Balance" ... we have to be present with it every day
that's the cross we bear as artists and I agree that women are more in touch with these things hands down.
2) The people at Taxi really work hard for us ... I am the great observer in life ... "In The Moment" is the center of me ...
The staff at the rally were top notch ... great vibe and attitude are things I noticed throughout
3) Can't be in two places at once ... there are too many great things going on at the same time ... next year I'll be better prepared
The Grand Ballroom panels and events are not to be missed so if you are not in one of the course rooms it's the place to be ...
The bar is high but I have a feeling next year will be even better ...

I am sure I am forgetting something ...

fuzzbox
Impressive
Impressive

Post by fuzzbox » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:17 am

..about point 3
3) Can't be in two places at once ... there are too many great things going on at the same time ... next year I'll be better prepared ...
Now I do remember that Hermione Granger was in two places at once! :o :shock: She use a potion called "Time-Turner" :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'll try and get some on order for next year! ;) 8-) :lol:

You're correct, there were just too many good things on at the same time! :D
ImageImage

All You Need Is Ears - Sir George Martin
The music is not in the notes, but in the silence betweenWolfgang Amadeus Mozart

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by annayarbrough » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:09 am

MJFrog wrote:Anna, Love your music and how committed you are
my best "Take Away's" (not rubish but mantra's)
1) Ralph Murphy quote: "What's in it for the Woman" ... "What's in it for the Women" ... "Whats in it for the Women" ...
Life in art has to have everything ... the whole package "Passion" "Breath" "Balance" ... we have to be present with it every day
that's the cross we bear as artists and I agree that women are more in touch with these things hands down.
2) The people at Taxi really work hard for us ... I am the great observer in life ... "In The Moment" is the center of me ...
The staff at the rally were top notch ... great vibe and attitude are things I noticed throughout
3) Can't be in two places at once ... there are too many great things going on at the same time ... next year I'll be better prepared
The Grand Ballroom panels and events are not to be missed so if you are not in one of the course rooms it's the place to be ...
The bar is high but I have a feeling next year will be even better ...

I am sure I am forgetting something ...
Thanks Martin! Great tips in there!
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud