missing slick grooves and current electronic instrumentation

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Susanstunes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

missing slick grooves and current electronic instrumentation

Post by Susanstunes » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:35 pm

Hi all,
I am wondering about a return I received on the Chilltronica listing below: Reasons were: off target stylistically and music screener said they liked the mellow approach but didn't hear the slick grooves and current electronic instrumentation.
My question is where does is differ from the grooves and instrumentations in the examples? Do you hear the chilltronica style in my piece? Maybe I am off base but I thought it was darn close. What do y'all think?

ELECTRONIC CHILL INSTRUMENTALS (AKA Chilltronica) are needed by a globally distributed Music Library. They’re searching for Instrumentals in all Tempos that would fit well in the general stylistic ballpark of these references: Blank & Jones - Interstellar (Marc George Remix): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUfNPg1 ... e=youtu.be “Football Head” by Flamingosis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hJKhiew2O0 Blank & Jones present Chilltronica No.2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP_st0Y ... e=youtu.be Give them well-crafted Instrumentals (full length, not Cues!) that use current sounding electronic elements, slick grooves, and contemporary sounds to create a chill, laidback sound and vibe. Your submissions should have a unique beat with cool, minimal melodies that set a groovy, atmospheric mood. Please make sure your production sounds slick and polished, not dated or stiff. All submissions should be at least 2 minutes long. Non-faded endings will work best for this pitch. Please do not copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (Great sounding home recordings are fine). This Library offers an EXCLUSIVE, 50/50 split. You’ll get 50% of any sync fees and 100% of the Writer’s share. They’ll get 50% of the sync fee and 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Composition to submit to this pitch. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you’d like online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a yes/no basis – Short critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Sunday, December 10th , 2017. TAXI #Y171210EC

to hear the track https://soundcloud.com/susanhillman/chillin-at-dusk

Thank you for your opinions and angles on this.... just curious!

Susan

www.taxi.com/susanhillman
www.soundcloud.com/susanhillman

DesireInspires
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: missing slick grooves and current electronic instrumentation

Post by DesireInspires » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:03 am

The song sounds more like a “cue”, meaning it has a background feel to it. It doesn’t stand out enough to stand on its own as an instrumental piece. For an instrumental piece, I imagine someone singing or rapping over it. Your song did not have the feel that someone would perform vocals over it.

But the song does work well as a cue for background usage. Keep it in your collection and shop it out to music libraries looking for background music. It certainly is something that I feel has a place as background music on a TV show.

Susanstunes
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: missing slick grooves and current electronic instrumentation

Post by Susanstunes » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:34 am

Thank you for your feedback Desire Inspires- I appreciate you taking time to listen. What you said about instrumental vs cue makes sense!
Susan