2017 Year In Review (add yours if you like)

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

LOCK88
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: 2017 Year In Review (add yours if you like)

Post by LOCK88 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:26 am

congrats on a great year Paulie!
Robb Smith / LOCK-88
Songwriter | Producer
Los Angeles, Ca
http://www.Lock88Music.com

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:56 am

LOCK88 wrote:congrats on a great year Paulie!
+1 Yes, congrats Paulie!! :D

VanderBoegh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by VanderBoegh » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Yo Paulie! Missed you at the Rally this year, my man. But very cool to see things moving up and up for you!

~~Matt

niallyboy
Impressive
Impressive

Post by niallyboy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:31 am

Hi Paul,

Congrats on your burgeoning stable of cues in libraries. Per your request, these are my numbers in '17:

88 submissions (mostly Dispatch)
52 forwards (69% forward rate)
2 new libraries
a mere two placements (1 indie film short and 1 on-line ad)

I've had a number of requests to have my music placed in libraries whose terms were not agreeable for me. As one of the few cats in TAXI who does not have a work station-- and hence only records and submits material done live in the studio-- I have to be very picky with whom I enter into an agreement. I attribute my rate of forwards by concentrating almost exclusively to what I do best: jazz listings. Unfortunately, jazz has been a waning genre, relegated to the realm of "period" music.

Here's to 2018, fellow saxophonist in arms!

Niall

chrismugs
Impressive
Impressive

Post by chrismugs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:21 pm

what a year! great job Paulie! best of luck in 2018

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:02 pm

Like those numbahs Paulie! Have a great year :)

Sunset
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Sunset » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:53 pm

Great year Paulie,

Congrats.. you are a Cue Production machine!! ...continued success in 2018! Hope to see you at the Rally!!

John

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Paulie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:29 pm

Got stuck in bed for almost a week with some sort of illness/funk and forgot I posted this. Thanks everyone for the kind words, and congrats to all of my friends that posted their success and numbers here as well! I'm glad to see so many familiar faces still cranking it out, as well as some new members (and return members) making progress!

The reason I posted my numbers is two-fold. For starters, I'm a numbers guy. I love big data and I cannot lie. :mrgreen: The forums were very good to me when I first joined in 2015, and it's awesome to see some of the folks that paid it forward to me back then now posting in this thread this year. Seriously, AWESOME.

Second, and most important to me, is my desire to pay it forward myself. This is a new industry for new members and it's hard to get motivated or make decisions if you don't know all of the factors involved. Some veterans shared their numbers with me in the forums back then, or via PM or email.

In life in general it is easy to get discouraged. I believe that much of the unhappiness in the world is due to two things: a lack of information, which can lead to expectations that are not really valid or reasonable. When you hear the question "how many listings do I need to submit in order to make six figures", veterans know that the person asking the question does so out of not knowing how the industry works. After all, that's probably why they are here in the first place, right?

So, I want to help folks get an understand of what it takes to be successful. Everyone defines success in their own way, having good information to work with helps all of us get to that definition faster.

So if you had your first forward last year, congrats! If you got into your first library last year. congrats! If you got your first placement, congrats! And if you managed to receive some sort of financial compensation for creating music, consider yourself a professional, and blessed! Music is a gift for many, a dream for others. Celebrate your success no matter how big or small. Ask questions when you need to, and then look around to see if anyone needs help that you can offer.

Here's to a great 2018!!!

Paulie
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic