any members near Albany, NY?

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nicotina
Impressive
Impressive

any members near Albany, NY?

Post by nicotina » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Any members near Albany, New York? Let me know- I feel like things might move quicker if I collaborated. I'm mostly an instrumental music guy, on guitar, keyboard and production, but would be open to working on songs too.

thanks,

Vince

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: any members near Albany, NY?

Post by Casey H » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:41 pm

Hey Vince
Just a note that most of use who collaborate with each other live nowhere near each other. Sometimes even across the world! :D In today's world, being in the same room is generally not required. Files get passed back and forth by email or file transfer service and discussions can be done in Skype calls if needed. So you don't have to limit your search for collaborators to your local area.

I've done many dozens of collabs with other Taxi members and none of it involved us being physically together. I have co-writers from all around the US, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, etc. And humorously, I have one co-writer who does live right near me. But the only time we've ever seen each other in person has been at the road rally! :shock:

PS My son lives in Troy, NY, right near you. But he's not at all musical! ;)

Best
:D Casey

nicotina
Impressive
Impressive

Re: any members near Albany, NY?

Post by nicotina » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:30 pm

Thanks, Casey. I know I can collaborate online, and I'm open to that too. I just thought I would see if anyone else is around here, because I do sometimes miss my days of playing in bands too. These days I work from home for my job, so all I ever do is collaborate with people online all day long.

Since no one is around, however, I will watch this space for some opportunities to collaborate online.

thanks again,

Vince

pether7

Re:I'm in Albany/Colonie NY?

Post by pether7 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi Vince;
My name is Paul and I would welcome the chance to work with Ya. I want to colab with many, got a lot of stuff bought 500 tunes. I wright across many Genres be glad to help you. I have hand full's of cards of folks that won't call much less come take a listen. I moved up here from N.Y. C. Call me any time i'm here 24/7 Best number 518-456-0496

Guit Pickinly,
Paul Etheridge

P.S.
I hope to have some tunes up soon.

rockoneproductions.com