Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Where is my submission residing?

Post by hummingbird » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:27 pm

Tunesmith wrote:
hummingbird wrote:Returned. I am too creative for this listing :D
Seriously? can I hear it? I love your creative music!

Linda
Thanks Linda. I actually thought I had simplified for this one, but apparently not!
https://soundcloud.com/user-608948893/snug-cottage
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

ChrisRaggatt

Post by ChrisRaggatt » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:02 am

Sounds like you were close Linda. Definitely remix and submit again. It’s cool you have another shot at it. All the best with the remix :)

Chris

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Telefunkin » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:31 am

Well, I was surprised that I was forwarded. That's my statistical analysis wasted! :lol:
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:04 am

Telefunkin wrote:Well, I was surprised that I was forwarded. That's my statistical analysis wasted! :lol:
Told ya !

I don't think they do all the returns first..I think they just work through them one at a time

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:18 am

And the real answer is..... drum roll....

In this case (the staff just told me), the library was really impressed with what they got, and asked us to run all genres again, so they could get more of each! And this is a very picky company, BTW :-)

So, the Listing re-run email went out shortly before the forward/return notices went out.

On another note: We have a much more complicated process, or chain of events that goes on behind the scenes for each listing. Part of it is a person who is largely dedicated to going through every feedback form to do QC on screeners. So, there are times when the music HAS been forwarded to the client (on time, and all at once), but the members don't get notified on the same timeline because that batch could large and still be going through QC.

While we try to keep those processes on the same timeline, there ARE times when they don't line up. Pretty rare, but it happens. If somebody is out sick, or we have a holiday weekend, or another super short deadline is in our face for a big deal listing... things like that can affect the notification time to the members, but it doesn't affect when the forwards are sent to the client.

That's why there are times when the members get contacted by the listing party before they know if they were forwarded or returned.

There's really no mystery to what goes on behind the scenes, here. It's all very practical and pragmatic. It's also a tiny bit fluid, but getting the music in the clients' hands on time is priority #1. BTW, there are times when something that's seemingly trivial as a submission on CD arriving late in the day (via FedEx, UPS) can mess up the timeline for letting members know about forwards/returns. In cases like that, we would forward the material that was already designated to be forwarded, and if the straggler CD is also a forward, we'd speak to the client and let them know they are getting a one-off a couple hours later.

If the straggler is a return, it can hold up the entire batch of return notifications. Our database is set up so that notices don't go out until all submissions have been screened. That way, nothing falls between the cracks.

TAXI fact: During our 26 years of doing this, only one song has ever been lost! We DID eventually find it. :D

HTH,
Michael

P.S. It's not unusual for us to get a really great listing at 4pm, with a client, in-hand deadline the next day at 4pm. When those happen, all hands are on deck for the quick turn around. Just finding the RIGHT screeners for those short notice, quick-turnaround situations can be challenging! That's the sort of thing that can push back our notification times to members, and for good reason.

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Tunesmith » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:46 pm

admin wrote:And the real answer is..... drum roll....
TAXI fact: During our 26 years of doing this, only one song has ever been lost! We DID eventually find it. :D

HTH,
Michael
Thank you for showing us what goes on behind the scenes Michael! Now we will know next time..

My tune found its way back to me..however! with a great critique of mere remix..of which I am going to do.

I knew it wasn't really "lost"...

I can appreciate the amount of work and organizing that goes on in the algorithm!

Linda

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Tunesmith » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:47 pm

Telefunkin wrote:Well, I was surprised that I was forwarded. That's my statistical analysis wasted! :lol:

Awesome Graham! Good luck with it!

Linda

Tunesmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Tunesmith » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:02 pm

hummingbird wrote:I actually thought I had simplified for this one, but apparently not!
https://soundcloud.com/user-608948893/snug-cottage
Hi Vikki!

I like your instrumental very much..I listened to it yesterday...I meant to get back sooner here but my basement was flooded for the 1st time ever with the Nor'Easter we had. I am on a tidal river so it kept flooding with each high tide..2 times a day..it has been something else..the tides are higher than ever..low tide is where high tide is normally..but it is starting ton subside and last nite I finally had no water come in via the floor and wall bottoms..
I learned to use a sump pump..now aint that sumptin?

Anyway, I can really hear your song in scenes like when folks are ending the day, turning in for the night, falling to sleep on a couch with a warm blanket..

My cue has been returned now 3 times for different listings..poor little thing..and I keep renaming it for each context...I AM going to find it a home tho! Like you will with yours!

Here is mine https://soundcloud.com/lindacullum/awar ... um/s-PkKDY

Thank you for sharing your instrumental with me.

Linda