Seeking Pop Lyricist

Songwriting, songwriters, etc

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

NaeDae
Impressive
Impressive

Seeking Pop Lyricist

Post by NaeDae » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:25 pm

It's been a while since I've been here. Humbled up a bit; I'm learning piano and developing a new love for the craft of music instead of trying to take the instant gratification route. I have a sense of melody (I constantly hear music in my head) and my production skills are ok; over the next year I'm looking to dive into the art of composing and eventually come back to making pop music.

My song, "minnie" can be found on youtube by searching "nate simpson minnie". That was something I made around 2 years ago (my vocal production is a lot better now) on another producer's track I top lined over, but my goal is to get good enough at piano to make the music in my head instead of relying on another producer's tracks. I'm trying to learn the skills needed to get quick at working the DAW and composing; to capture the inspiration while it's fresh.

I feel like my weakness is lyric writing, though. I tend to get stressed about lyrics and I feel like it puts me in the wrong "energy" and the lyrics come out either sort of lazy or corny. I feel like I have an ear for hooks but the rest of my writing isn't all that great.

Any lyricists here who think they can hit the current pop market? I'm more looking to get in touch than start working right away; like I said I'm still developing and I'd want to get to know you before we dove into working together. You don't need much musical ability or production experience. I know there's a lot of writers here, and I warn you I'm pretty picky and have personal tastes, so please don't take it personally/critically at all if I just don't If I feel like you just don't fit exactly with what I'm looking for. Please pm me or post below some of your best pop lyrics. Feel free to send me something outside the box if you think it could captivate an audience.

Thank you guys!

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Seeking Pop Lyricist

Post by funsongs » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:01 pm

Sent you a PM.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

melodymessiah
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodymessiah » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:11 am

pm'd you.

NoizeeBhoy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by NoizeeBhoy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 am

Only just seen this so very late to the party. If you are still looking I might be interested so drop me a PM and we can chat a bit more if you fancy it.