Is it ambient and mysterious enough?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

joshjameslim
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Is it ambient and mysterious enough?

Post by joshjameslim » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:25 am

Hey all! Thinking of submitting this track and wanted to get some opinions on whether it's on target for the listing. Any other advice or suggestions greatly appreciated!

My track -

https://soundcloud.com/joshjameslim/los ... v1/s-y5fV2

Reference -

“What Have We Done to Each Other?” by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4wSJMorYK8

“Four Enclosed Walls” by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbEgFeQK4gw

Please give them well-crafted Instrumentals that effectively deliver a mysterious and ominous feeling. Your instrumentation should be unique and based around current sounding electronic elements. Be sure to stick to a singular vibe and sound throughout your entire Instrumental to keep your submission emotionally cohesive. They are looking for moody Instrumentals and NOT for Instrumentals that are overtly scary or horror sounding!

PhilRey
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Is it ambient and mysterious enough?

Post by PhilRey » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:58 pm

Let see what other members have to say about it eventualy, but for me it works perfectly ! ;)

joshjameslim
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by joshjameslim » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:04 pm

Thanks Phil! Hopefully others will feel the same!

thegajman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by thegajman » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:28 pm

Wow, sounds great Josh. You’d be mad not to submit that. Great job!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:11 pm

I like it !

Sounds just the ticket to me...one nitpick..the title ...if it ends up in a Library you might end up with people thinking it's a nautical style piece whereas to me it has a more Sci-Fi feel

PS- What did you use to make the sounds on this ?

Mark

joshjameslim
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by joshjameslim » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:12 am

Thanks everyone for the input! Definitely going to submit it, but with a different name. Hadn't thought about the nautical thing but that's a very good point.

Mark, I've used a few different plugins for the sounds. The main piano is from Keyscape. The synth arpeggio that creeps in halfway and continues until the end is from Analog Brass and Winds, which is an amazing collection of processed wind instruments. The rest of the atmospheric stuff comes mostly from Gravity. I highly recommend Gravity as well, especially for atmospheric pads and textures.

Hope that helps!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:52 pm

joshjameslim wrote: The main piano is from Keyscape. The synth arpeggio that creeps in halfway and continues until the end is from Analog Brass and Winds, which is an amazing collection of processed wind instruments. The rest of the atmospheric stuff comes mostly from Gravity. I highly recommend Gravity as well, especially for atmospheric pads and textures.
Thanks for the list..some cool sounds there...all from things I don't have ! ...yet ...( don't tell the wife )

Mark