Songwriter that needs help with mixing and mastering

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

SKM
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Songwriter that needs help with mixing and mastering

Post by SKM » Wed May 02, 2018 6:18 pm

Hey all! I am new to the website but I have been writing songs for years. Now that I am actually trying to create high-quality songs all by myself - I am in need of someone who can clean up my songs. Mostly vocal mixing and mastering. Here are a couple of recent songs that I wrote that need a lot of help in the mixing department. Let me know what you think and let's collab!

Enough - https://soundcloud.com/skm-music/enough

Get Up - https://soundcloud.com/skm-music/get-up

Thanks, everyone!! Excited to meet and network with ya'll!
SKM_Music
Sara K. Marsalis

Singer/Songwriter; Musician; Music "Passionier" ;) Studying recording engineering and production

www.soundcloud.com/SKM-Music
www.instagram.com/SKM_Music

ChazAldi
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Songwriter that needs help with mixing and mastering

Post by ChazAldi » Mon May 07, 2018 6:17 am

What is your rig/setup? DAW software, mic, interface, etc? Where do you record? What is your process?

Not that I am an expert by any means but I've been doing this awhile and have learned a few things. One concept you have to embrace is that the best way to have a great sounding song is to have a great song - arrangement and performance. That is the first step. Once that is accomplished, then mixing can take it to the next level.

It took me a long time to learn that. Have you read any books about home recording? I highly recommend Home Recording for Dummies. I also constantly listen to podcasts about mixing and producing (a good one is Recording Studio Rockstars by Lij Shaw). Another good resource I like is the Recording Revolution YouTube channel. Immerse yourself in the resources that are available today.

Do you have any specific questions?

SKM
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SKM » Thu May 10, 2018 6:41 pm

HEy Chaz

Thanks for the podcasts I will check that out for sure! I use Logic Pro X with a nektar Impact LX midi controller - I have a home "studio" that needs a lot of work. I like to think that I write pretty darn good music - I have a couple of books and I have been watching a lot of YouTube stuff on my equipment - I just got an internship with a local recording studio so that will help, but in the meantime I'm hoping to team up with someone on putting the final touches on the music I would like to submit in the future or something I may be writing for a submission.
SKM_Music
Sara K. Marsalis

Singer/Songwriter; Musician; Music "Passionier" ;) Studying recording engineering and production

BlindTruth
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by BlindTruth » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:54 am

Hi Sara

I like the innovative approach to your songwriting!

I would be happy to work on something with you if you're still looking to collaborate. Creative contribution can come from mixing, and I can get an OK result with mastering. If you're interested you can check out taxi.com/stevenharris. My work is in different styles to yours, but I'm up for something different, and I'd enjoy working with a new collaborator.

Let me know if you're interested.

Steven
Steven Harris

http://www.taxi.com/blindtruth
soundcloud.com/stevenjharris

SKM
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SKM » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:41 am

BlindTruth wrote:Hi Sara

I like the innovative approach to your songwriting!

I would be happy to work on something with you if you're still looking to collaborate. Creative contribution can come from mixing, and I can get an OK result with mastering. If you're interested you can check out taxi.com/stevenharris. My work is in different styles to yours, but I'm up for something different, and I'd enjoy working with a new collaborator.

Let me know if you're interested. Steven - I am still interested and looking for a collaboration! I write and sing and would love to do vocals for any of your stuff as needed as well. For now, I do have songs that need a lot of help in the mixing department and I'm just at a block. Can we chat through email?

Steven
SKM_Music
Sara K. Marsalis